Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denver Greene
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I have a question about harvesting construction buildings. I need to spend some money to activate a harvest ability on a construction building. Does this mean if I do not activate a construction building that I need to flip it upside down, like I would do with fields or livestock?

That seems to be how I interpret the rules, but it doesn't work with how I typically explain the theme. I always talk about how if you do not feed your animals or you do not water your crops, then they die and that land just becomes open land. And ducks and chickens and goats are really good at fending for themselves, which is why they do not need upkeep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
denvergreene wrote:
Does this mean if I do not activate a construction building that I need to flip it upside down, like I would do with fields or livestock?
Yes, that is correct.

denvergreene wrote:
That seems to be how I interpret the rules, but it doesn't work with how I typically explain the theme. I always talk about how if you do not feed your animals or you do not water your crops, then they die and that land just becomes open land. And ducks and chickens and goats are really good at fending for themselves, which is why they do not need upkeep.
You can always say that some buildings require constant maintenance and if you don't pay for what needs to be done, they stop becoming useful and gradually they get abandoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denver Greene
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
avyssaleos wrote:
You can always say that some buildings require constant maintenance and if you don't pay for what needs to be done, they stop becoming useful and gradually they get abandoned.

My wife just reread the back of the box and pointed out this same thing, but you posted it first. I'll stick with this as the explanation, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.