Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyson Mertlich
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I've been a member of BGG for a while now, and I've gotten some great information and built my collection a little bit, but I know that BGG has a lot more to offer me. So, what I am trying to understand is what are the best ways to utilize BGG, and I'd like to understand this from four main perspectives:

If you were a new user, what would you like to know? Try to remember when you were a new user, what was the biggest problems you faced? How'd you become savvy?

Say you're a first time designer, what do you need to do to A) Contribute value to the community and B) prepare to add your game to the database. (I don't necessarily mean how do I submit a game, but rather what would you recommend doing before you submit your game?)

Now a similar question, but for first time publishers. If you were a first time or aspiring publisher what is the best way to get started? Where and what content would you post?

If you are a media creator (podcast, youtube, blog, etc.) What benefits can you get out of BGG? How do you get the ball rolling?

I am considering writing a series of blog posts on "How to get the most out of your BGG experience," aimed at audiences starting out using BGG. So, I guess the main thing I would like to understand is what are the important things to know about BGG when you are a new user, designer, publisher, or media producer? Additionally this is going to help me understand the best ways to use BGG, I find it really difficult to easily navigate the site and so I would like to enhance my experience, so advice from veterans would be nice, but also advice from newly or less experienced users too! Thanks so much for your help!

P.S. if this doesn't belong here please help me know how to move it to the appropriate area and just blame my lack of BGG experience. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every-Gamer BGG Guides

New Users want to know Who? What? Where? When? and Why? but mostly How?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Mertlich
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I knew there had to be something of the sort, but even finding it can be an issue. Thanks so much for pointing me to these! I really appreciate your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you find pages that you want to keep handy, add them to the quickbar at the top of the page. Then you can easily access them from anywhere in BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.