Subject: Weird theme ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the weirdest themes I've ever seen. Well, there's some kind of white trash reality tv truth in it, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Delme
Belgium
Ramsel
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi André,

The main idea behind the game is kids could really mess up your plans when you go on Holiday

The deeper idea behind the game is that if you want your kids to behave and act a little bit more predictable you should make sure they have fun and don't only do things adults like (probably we exaggerated a little bit, I guess).

But I know almost nobody will find out about the deeper idea, so we are already prepared to the comments "Oh no, how could you be so mean to your kids!". I promise we don't do this in real life!

And to give a little history: The first idea was this game would be about parents who go on a cruise with their children and the children are bored. So the parents want to make the kids happy and they look for toys so their triplets could enjoy themselves, but it doesn't work if you give the first one a toy car, the second one a ball and the third one a stuffed bear, they would be jealous because they don't have what the other baby's have. So the winner of the round would be the player that first finds 3 identical toys so they are all happy and not jealous. I don't know what theme you would like most, but in the end we thought this would be a little dull (however I think many parents could relate to this).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I get the idea, not too bad, but it's hidden quite deep.

On the surface I see parents who try to get each other drunk while gambling. And somehow try to manage the kids. This reminds me of the Simpsons episode, where Marge develops a gambling addiction. Or picture Peggy Bundy with cigarette and booze while baby Kelly's crawling around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Delme
Belgium
Ramsel
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that in such TV series they are going over the top just so everybody knows it is not ok, but see the humor in it. Watching such TV series also gives you a good feeling about your own parenting skills because you are doing a MUCH better job compared to the TV series. It would be nice if people also see our Baby Blues and Baby Cruise games this way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ally Steven Severi
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi André.
Ally here. The designer of the game.
Even I must admit, the theme of Baby Cruise is a bit weird.

I consider Baby Cruise as an Anti Take That Game.

Instead of hindering other players progress with cards...
Every card (Cocktail) you give, helps your opponents get one step closer to victory (triggering the jackpot).

If you get the chance of playing Baby Cruise, you will notice that the theme fits the game like a glove.

Thank you for your comment
and I hope to see you at Essen

From Ally Steven Severi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ally,

thanks for your response. Please don't take my comment as criticism of the game as such. That's not what I intended. It's just, that this very special theme caught my attention, which I wanted to express somehow. Little tongue in cheek way, though.

Cheers,

André
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ally Steven Severi
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Don't worry, I did not consider your comment as an attack or something.laugh

You made a vallid point.
It is a pretty strange theme for a game.

The goal of any game is eventually being fun.

And I hope that Baby Cruise finds a spot in all players (young or old) hearts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.