Subject: Going backward rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Didn't understand that part of the rules. First path card is attached to back of the car card, that's ok. And what about the rest? Do they continue the path backward, so I just attach them to the end line of the previous card? Or the 2nd card is attached to the end line of the first card in opposite direction (so I don't get a smooth continuous line, but a V-shaped)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the v-shape is how the cards are supposed to be laid out. I need to take some pictures to illustrate it more clearly, but using reverse will only go backwards with 1 path card. The others will be going forward. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Y
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for clarification! Everything is clear now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Urgo
United States
Wanaque
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
Yes, the v-shape is how the cards are supposed to be laid out. I need to take some pictures to illustrate it more clearly, but using reverse will only go backwards with 1 path card. The others will be going forward. Hope that helps!

Where did you read this "V shape" from? rules don't say anything about this at all. Where does the rules say you can only reverse 1 card?
The rules say to lined up the card with the wheel tracks of your car card, and then remove your car and place subsequent path cards on the line facing away from normal movment. ie, continuing to reverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffburgo wrote:
BuckWilde wrote:

Where did you read this "V shape" from? rules don't say anything about this at all. Where does the rules say you can only reverse 1 card?
The rules say to lined up the card with the wheel tracks of your car card, and then remove your car and place subsequent path cards on the line facing away from normal movment. ie, continuing to reverse.

In the Reverse section of the rules it says "Any other Path Cards played on your turn will be placed on the line facing away from the normal placement, overlapping the tire tracks." What this means (and I should have tried to make it more clear, my bad) is that all other path cards will overlap the tire marks on the first backwards path card. You only back up with one card, then move forward using the other cards.

Situation: I'm facing an obstacle, unsure if these paths card would be tight enough turns to get away from it. So I decide to reverse.

Instead of placing the Boost card behind me, I place the first Path card facing away from my card, connecting the tire marks, not the line.

I remove my car from its spot, just like I would when driving normally.

All other path cards will be placed over the tire marks of the first Path card. I backed up a little bit, now I'm driving forward again. (I'm using 3 Path cards in this example.)

I hope this clears things up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.