Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Stet
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting interaction in a game the other day, but I'm wondering if we played it correctly.
For reference...

Field Marshal (elite unit): "Whenever you play an action card that does not attach, you may pay its gold cost a second time and play an additional copy of that action card. You may choose new targets for the copy."

Appeal to Fate (action card): "Look at the top three cards of the action deck. You may play one of these cards for 4 less gold than its cost. Put the rest into the discard pile. (the card would have a minimum gold cost of 0)".

With a Field Marshal in play, I play Appeal to Fate (which costs 2 gold) and pay 4 gold so I can use the affect twice. Question is, when I draw 3 from the Action deck, whichever card I choose...am I able to copy that card again, because of the field marshal? If so, does it cost 4 less gold again or do you have to pay full price for the copy?

We agreed to play it so that I could cast both of the copies at the discounted rate both times. Both cards I picked cost 4 or less so I got to play all of them for free and just chalked it up to a "hey, cool combo, man". But I still question if that is really the correct way to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's take this one action at a time.

You play Appeal to Fate which lets you draw 3 and play one with a discount of 4. Field Marshall then allows you to play that card again. The Appeal to Fate is done at this point, so you'd have to pay full cost for the 2nd play.

Then Field Marshall allows you to play Appeal to Fate a 2nd time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.