Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Strat-O-Matic Baseball» Forums » Rules

Subject: fly(rf)B, runner at 2nd rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please clarify me.
According to rule 14.3 the player himself decides to attempt an advance for the runner on the second base or should he roll a d20 anyway?
Thanks in advance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. FlyB only advances Runner from 2nd if Manager chooses to send him. Apply opposing RF's Arm Strength modifier to the d20 roll.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Fuchs
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, if he decides to go. Runners rating, + 2, and the +/- the outfielder's arm. Then you roll the 20- sided dice. Let's say after you do your numbers, it's a 15. You roll and get 1-15, your runner goes to 3rd. A roll of 16-19 your runner holds. If you a 20, and only a 20, your runner is out.

Hope that helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boss Trojan, Gregory Fuchs, thank you!
Please, answer me.
When the result flyB appears from FB(rf)X - is it possible to use rule 14.3?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some SOMB League uses rule: if fly(lf)B -2 from running rating.
Similarly, we can consider fly(сf)B +0 to running rating
What do you think about this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I need some clarification.
When runner at 2nd is held and result of dice rolling is fb(rf)B - do you need to consider holding (-1 from running rating) for runner advancement?
Thank you in advance
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Viktorino wrote:
Boss Trojan, Gregory Fuchs, thank you!
Please, answer me.
When the result flyB appears from FB(rf)X - is it possible to use rule 14.3?
No. The X chart has it's own method for determining runner advancement. Follow the instructions it gives you based on the fielding rating, the error rating, and the die roll.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Viktorino wrote:
Some SOMB League uses rule: if fly(lf)B -2 from running rating. Similarly, we can consider fly(сf)B +0 to running rating
What do you think about this?
These modifiers apply when there is a runner on first base and the result is an (open) Single. Apply the hold (if any), outfielder's arm, and the LF/CF/RF modifier to the runner's speed to attempt to go from first to third base on the single. (In that case, anything outside the safe range is an out -- not just the 20.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Viktorino wrote:
When runner at 2nd is held and result of dice rolling is fb(rf)B - do you need to consider holding (-1 from running rating) for runner advancement?
Hold effects are only relevant on ground balls or hits. If there is a caught flyball, the hold is ignored -- because the runner can only advance by "tagging up" (giving up the lead and returning to the base until the ball is caught).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
No. The X chart has it's own method for determining runner advancement. Follow the instructions it gives you based on the fielding rating, the error rating, and the die roll.


Randal, thank you. What about Advanced game? Maybe when FLY(rf)X and then fly B advancement is available?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.