Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave» Forums » General

Subject: Card Compatability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

So i just received the base game + packs 1-4 in a non bgg trade (shocker!) and am loving it. I have played about 4 games so far, and lost every single one.

I'm looking at getting the HN:CW in a bgg trade hopefully here in a bit, but i wanted to double check something. Do the new cards integrate fully with the base game? i.e. if the HN:CW terror deck has 21 cards, can those be mixed with the base game cards for a stack of 42 that you choose 10 from, or are they meant to replace them when playing a HN:CW abductor? (obviously, i also am curious about all the other card types, not just terror ) I have heard reports saying both, so i'm not sure and wanted to ask people who have played the game that i trust more than the random guy in my FLGS.

Thanks in advance! AJ, if you come across this, fantastic game! the solo gamers across the world love you for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards integrate fully from both sets, HN:CW even has a page or two in the back of the rulebook to show you how to deck build the terror and communication cards if you have both games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks James!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
All cards integrate fully from both sets, HN:CW even has a page or two in the back of the rulebook to show you how to deck build the terror and communication cards if you have both games.

Correct, and the back of the board has a guide to use when creating your own card sets to maintain the game balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of the cards (e.g. the zero point conversation cards are redundant, though, because besides the names and illustration they are absolutely identical.

And creating a new terror base deck is a little bit of work; so so far I don't care to create a new one every single game. You still only select a random subset every game, so that's ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
Rindel wrote:

Correct, and the back of the board has a guide to use when creating your own card sets to maintain the game balance.

just got the game today and had a look through. very good directions on how to make a combined deck! it's not as easy as i hoped it would be (just shuffle and go!), but it definitely makes sense from a balance-maintaining viewpoint.

took down Arkayne today in 3 turns thanks to some great rolls and some lucky mitigation attempts. loving the new cards, and i can't wait to see how the new terror cards (and new demands pack!) changes things up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.