Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tried this and got utterly trashed! Entire party destroyed.

I presumed that the Venice forces are comprised of Condottiere, Gipsy, Stratiota and the Crossbowman.

Now I don't mean to complain here, but the latest updated mission has 8 enemy initial draft and 4 additional enemies every 30 mins.

The original printed mission had 4 initial enemies and 1 additional enemy every 30 mins, with a chance that no enemies arrive.

I get how the original might be too easy. I was able to kill Condottiere, and two Stratiota away pretty easily. Then when the 30 minute mark hit, Condottiere and three Stratiota returned and it was pretty much game over so I couldn't stop them all.

Luca, can you explain how this mission was 'balanced' from double the initial enemies and quadruple the secondary enemies? I hate to say it but this just feels like somebody increased the numbers without even playing the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Bernardini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
Just tried this and got utterly trashed! Entire party destroyed.

I presumed that the Venice forces are comprised of Condottiere, Gipsy, Stratiota and the Crossbowman.

Now I don't mean to complain here, but the latest updated mission has 8 enemy initial draft and 4 additional enemies every 30 mins.

The original printed mission had 4 initial enemies and 1 additional enemy every 30 mins, with a chance that no enemies arrive.

I get how the original might be too easy. I was able to kill Condottiere, and two Stratiota away pretty easily. Then when the 30 minute mark hit, Condottiere and three Stratiota returned and it was pretty much game over so I couldn't stop them all.

Luca, can you explain how this mission was 'balanced' from double the initial enemies and quadruple the secondary enemies? I hate to say it but this just feels like somebody increased the numbers without even playing the mission.

sorry Trent is our fault, we have rebalanced the number of the starting enemies but we have leftover the old time for the enemy drafts. In this new version, you have to make the enemy drafts every hour and not every 30 minutes.

Sorry for the bad-miss-correction , but I hope you could replay this mission again

Luca LMS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Luca,

I'll try to give it another whirl but I don't know when I'll have time.

Was I correct with the 4 cards I was using to draw from the Venice forces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Bernardini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Venice mercenary faction has 4 Enemy cards

Luca LMS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.