Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event Brain Damage in Kingsman Aftermath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jam Warrior
msg tools
Rolling the chest on The Kings Curse gives event brain damage to all party members, but being event damage this can't cause rolls on the injury table right?

If so that's GREAT news as it means my red saviour didn't drop dead immediately after surviving the Kingsman.

But then why does it happen at all? Event damage in the aftermath can't hurt you and will be healed up before the next fight so why give it at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, it's event damage, so no brain trauma as a result.

Why is it there? Because it lowers Insanity of all other survivors as a result, subtly altering the balance of the subsequent hunts (for example, a Quixotic survivor that returns sane has fewer chances of departing Insane and getting the bonus).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jam Warrior
msg tools
Oh yeah, sanity loss obviously. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
jamwarrior wrote:
Oh yeah, insanity loss obviously. Cheers.

This being a rules query, I wanted to be sure that the correct message was conveyed (Oh, you are welcome, enjoy that damn King's Curse )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jam Warrior
msg tools
It went on a Green Saviour on his first hunt, which all things considered seems not a bad option!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since it's short-lived anyway, I guess it doesn't matter. That will change if you manage to make him ageless (under 1.31 rules, that's it) - Green saviors really are the cream of the crop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.