Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have explored Phobos and Mars from Mars Orbit using a probe with the survey action. Phobos says Explore until 1 feature, and Mars until 3.

Can I do them from a distance or do I have to land and use a rover? How many per turn? (In the base game I don't recall a survey limit per turn, I don't know about OP, I have yet to incorporate it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You need to maneuver to that location to discover one feature. Otherwise you may rove a location with a Rover (once per year) to do the same without maneuvering. Pilot presence lets you choose between two features.

Side question: does player needs to reveal the feature rejected by the Pilot to other players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
improove wrote:
Side question: does player needs to reveal the feature rejected by the Pilot to other players?

No, you put the rejected feature card at the bottom of the deck face down. You don't have to show it to anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
improove wrote:
You need to maneuver to that location to discover one feature. Otherwise you may rove a location with a Rover (once per year) to do the same without maneuvering. Pilot presence lets you choose between two features.

I'm stuck on the keyword maneuver. I can land a unmanned probe, and that will count?

Do I need a new probe for each feature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A maneuver is generally travelling between tiles. The same probe can travel back and forth and therefore explore multiple times. You intepret this by finding a new landing location. Rover will just travel on the surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
I'm stuck on the keyword maneuver. I can land a unmanned probe, and that will count?

Do I need a new probe for each feature?

Each time you perform a maneuver using a working probe/capsule to a revealed location with space for features available, you explore one feature. That breaks down as follows:

- "perform a maneuver" means to move a spacecraft from one location to another, using one of the maneuvers listed on the location card you're leaving. For example, there's a maneuver from Mars Orbit to Mars with a zero difficulty. Moving from Mars Orbit to Mars is performing a maneuver.

- "working probe/capsule" means you have to have a probe or capsule on board that is not damaged.

- "revealed location" means the location card has to already be flipped over so everyone can see it. This could have been done by surveying it remotely or by traveling to it.

- "space for features" means the location card needs to say it has room for some number of features, and that there are fewer features than that currently revealed sitting on the location card. For example, if Mars says it has room for three features, and you've explored two, none of which have been picked up, there's still room for one more feature on Mars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all cleared up. Played it incorrectly, but it was my first play of Stations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.