Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does the variant for two-player games also work with all of its theme expansions? Thanks for the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if this disappoints you but, as far as I'm informed there are no official two-player rules.
Maybe you refer to one of the variants presented here in the forum by people unrelated to the publishers?
Academy Games promised to release two-player rules and had tests running over the course of several years but never published anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic P
Sweden
flag msg tools
CJWF wrote:

Academy Games promised to release two-player rules and had tests running over the course of several years but never published anything.

Any one heard any news about Academy Games made two player rules?
I sent a mail to them and got anwser that they working on it and will post it on their webpage.

But maby some one else got more information?

Is it a dead end?
All of you who played this game a lot, do you see any ways this game could become a two player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played it much, but I have tried it as a 2 player game a few times now, and I wonder if the game could be made 2 player by...

A) Having each player control 2 families.

Each player would need to either get 3 points with one family, or 4 points with an allied family, giving opponents an incentive to target certain married family members.

or

B) Raising the Victory Point limit

With two players the game becomes a race to control 3 fiefs. So with 8 fiefs, a 5 point game would likely force more interaction.

Just a few thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play 2 players game this way, with both A) and B). And a player can exchange money or cards between his 2 families only by spending one embassy token from one family or the other, so only 6 times in the game. And players alternate for the begining placement : one family of player 1, then one family of player 2, then the second family of player 1, then the second family of player 2. And we use Tactical expansion and Teutonic expansion.
But it is still much less fun than a 4-5-6 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
iamnan wrote:
We play 2 players game this way, with both A) and B). And a player can exchange money or cards between his 2 families only by spending one embassy token from one family or the other, so only 6 times in the game. And players alternate for the begining placement : one family of player 1, then one family of player 2, then the second family of player 1, then the second family of player 2. And we use Tactical expansion and Teutonic expansion.
But it is still much less fun than a 4-5-6 player game.

What point limit do you play to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Teutonic expansion we go for 5 VP unmaried +1 VP if maried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic P
Sweden
flag msg tools
You should write this " 2 - player variant " down in a nice clean list easy to read and set up.

Great job!

Its what we got so far and its better then nothing at all.
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K P
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I created a 2-player variant that incorporates some of the political calculation that otherwise gets lost by playing with a fixed alliance. You can check it out at this link if interested:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1603137/2-player-variant-ru...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.