Subject: Revisiting number spaces & clues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mara Suikanen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, what an awesome game.

In our previous games, I was playing as Jack and had to double back through the bridges a few times because the police had blocked me off.

I see no mention in the manual that moving to a space where I've already been is not-allowed, but there is also no mention on what happens if those locations are searched.

The first actually happened, the second is more of a theoretical question:

- Jack moves into 125 once, police searches, a clue token is placed - later on (in the same round) Jack moves through 125 again, and the police does a new search - is a second clue token placed on top of the first? If not, then it sounds like Jack could use his "old tracks" to pass undetected, which would give him a huge advantage.

- Jack moves into 129 once, has to double back and comes back into 129 a second time, after which one of the bobbies does a search - one or two clue tokens?

What do you guys think should happen in those situations?

Any chance of the designers pitching in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Helms
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried Whitehall Mystery yet, so bear with me. However, in Letters from Whitechapel, when Jack visits a location he has previously been to (in the same round) no new information is given to the police.

That means that if the police asks about a location they know that Jack has previously been to, they will receive the same answer "Yes", without knowing whether he has been there once or twice (or however many times).

If the police asks Jack if he has been to a location that the police has not asked about earlier, the answer is still just "Yes" (only laying one clue token).

Thus, the police should never know how many times Jack has been to any given location. I find it to be the best tool for Jack to throw of the police.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Wilson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Quite correct , the same rule applys to The Whitehall game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.