The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Card #340 (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Koutsouris
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens with it if after it is used if I am poisoned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't say what the card does we can't tell you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's helpful to include the exact text of the card and the location or quest where you found it (I'm not going to fish out a card at random from the box because I don't know if it's a spoiler for me...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a look. I haven't seen this card yet in my adventure, but it seems like
Spoiler (click to reveal)
it stays in your hand?
Maybe until you stop being poisoned, where it gets discarted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Koutsouris
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I tried to be as little spoilerish as possible but I guess I was too vague. I found it in the voracious goddess adventure.

The card is called Glowing, it’s a bonus card that can be used with the observe and search actions. Below it states “if you are not poisoned, return this”. So the question is what happens if I am poisoned, does it stay in my hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kahunasan wrote:
Sorry, I tried to be as little spoilerish as possible but I guess I was too vague. I found it in the voracious goddess adventure.

The card is called Glowing, it’s a bonus card that can be used with the observe and search actions. Below it states “if you are not poisoned, return this”. So the question is what happens if I am poisoned, does it stay in my hand?

Yeah, I know that card. Yes, you can
keep it in your hand and use the bonus if you're poisoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards that are discarded from your hand after being used say so on the card.
Since the card you're referring to doesn't say you have to discard it after use, it remains in your hand, and you can use it as many times as you want/can if you can still fulfill its requirements. Here: being poisoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Koutsouris
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That clarifies it, thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kahunasan wrote:

I ran into this just the other day. If you read the card that gives the condition carefully it does say that everyone involved in the action is affected. It should have said that first IMO which is what caused the confusion.

If you read down the card it tells you that everyone takes the poisoned condition. So you are poisoned when you gain the Glowing condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.