Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

i am thinking about buying this game.

i could get the whole kickstarter + addons that would cost me arround 300$

now, i could also just buy the base game for 100.

so are the stretchgoals and additional addons really worth 200$?

in the unboxing videos it seems that there are not that many (compared to a cmon kickstater for example?)

are they adding much to gameplay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In my opinion, yes. They do add a lot of replayability to the game. But it's only more of the same that you have in the core box (more characters, monsters, etc), Not new gameplay mechanisms albeit the expansion add new features.

If you can buy it separately it could be a good starting point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian K
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion the price for the game with add-ons is too high.
The additional monsters can "only" be used as mini-bosses. Don't understand me wrong, it is great to have them and as nunesh said it adds a lot of replayability, but you don't need them.

The only monsters that are used for an additional scenario are the wolf and the pigs (you need all of them for the scenario)

The new characters are a great addition but maybe you get the chance to buy them seperately.

The base game itself with all the scenarios already has a lot variety and there is no need for the add-ons.

BUT... That is just my opinion! If money doesn't matter in your decision go ahead and buy all the extras you can get

PS: Does the price for the full set you can get include the expansion From the deep?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also looking into this game. Just to make sure that my understanding is right. The only KS Exclusives that are included in the base pledge are:

3 Twins Miniatures
3 Altar Miniatures
Dayle Walker Miniature
First Player Token

and that's about it, right? All other unlocked stretch goals are in the retail edition as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've bought from a retail store and my copy had all the KS exclusive plus the unlocked stretch goals inside the box it was a nice surprise. I've only had to buy the add ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nunesh wrote:
Hi,

I've bought from a retail store and my copy had all the KS exclusive plus the unlocked stretch goals inside the box it was a nice surprise. I've only had to buy the add ons.

So basically the retail copy included all of the above mentioned?

Where did you get it from? Online or local? Maybe they had backed the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rault wrote:
Nunesh wrote:
Hi,

So basically the retail copy included all of the above mentioned?

Where did you get it from? Online or local? Maybe they had backed the campaign.

I think that that this may be the case just now, that any available in retail are KS editions and many retailers carrying it backed the campaign. I guess it's possible that some effectively backed in separate deals alongside the KS, but I think that all stock is currently from the KS run.

I believe it's possible that, assuming demand is there, TFG may produce a separate retail version (probably after the KS is all sorted) and that the KSEs in the core box will be dropped from this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very good to know. So if others have reported having all the KS extras in the core box, than I can grab a copy from a retailer.

For the KS version I'll have to pay 25 Euro more so if it's the same content it'll make non-sense.

Happy to hear other people reporting same situation...buying from retail with all KS extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP asked me in geek mail, but I'll repeat what I told them here:

Quote:
[Whether the add ons are worth $200 is an interesting question, as] it depends on many factors including (but not limited to):

- how often you may play the game (have you tried it yet)?
- whether you paint minis (or use them for other games)?
- how much money you have disposable? (i.e. $200 is nothing to some people, but a fortune to others)
- do any of the monsters appeal to you? (maybe you're a fan of the inspiration film/story)
- are you likely to be influenced by FOMO?
- are you a completionist?

I will say that I certainly don't regret backing it at all in (except the extra dice). There are some good monsters (including the KSE Cthulhu who is the only alternative to the Warden end-boss) and it'll add more variety as mini-bosses can be included in any game. You'll also get 4 extra characters that are definitely well worth it imo.

I'll also say that I bought an extra copy to sell (which I haven't yet) and recorded the price I paid for it all at $239 which was an EB and doesn't include P&P, so $300 doesn't sound too bad a price. I was actually planning on trying to sell mine at about $350.

My guess is that, at that price, if any of the extras don't appeal much, you can probably sell them on.

But, after all that, you do get a lot of game in the core set. So maybe if you won't be playing lots (so won't really miss the extra character/monster variation) then you may decide that, for you, it's better to buy just the core and put the $200 to getting other games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ysirian wrote:
The additional monsters can "only" be used as mini-bosses.

Currently...

I'm not certain what TFG's plans are (and I wouldn't say if I was unless they'd okay'd it) but I know that:

1 - The last we heard, the dev was still working on some sort of campaign system (though who knows if they are still working on it or if it was unworkable).

2 - We were told that the app will have a new scenario in it.

3 - I've created some scenarios (not yet publicly available, but I've had some playtesters) and have some in development that do use the additional monsters.

1 & 2 suggest that some development work & new scenarios is still going on. While it wouldn't make sense to make a new scenario in the app that only some backers could play, if they include more than 1 I wouldn't be surprised if some used the additional monsters.

3 means that extra scenarios will be coming even if from unofficial sources. Some of them will contain additional monsters (and some will use monsters that do not yet exist in Lobotomy).

And that's all without accounting for if the demand is there and TFG produce official expansions (or 'season 2').

EDIT: Heck - I had to buy some model cars for extra tires for 1 scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b p
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and no.
They do add a bit of variety with the inclusion of additional optional bosses and elites BUT the blue and red stars in your monster deck are so scarce you may play through an entire normal game without ever putting them on board if you are (un)lucky.

So it comes down to your available income. I ordered every KS add-on directly from the publisher after purchasing the game retail, but was rather disappointed in just how small the package that cost over 150 euro was. I felt like it was about half the plastic from the base game box for about double the price.
Still, variety is good, and albeit in this case rather overpaid, it still adds to the game experience. Just not as much as one would expect with such a steep price tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember I've read somewhere that it was confirmed that every stretch goal is in the core box.

Can someone point out where it was?

I'm thinking to get both the core box and the expansion if it's true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you get the retail box and contact Titan Forge about the character and monster packs, you'll have everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By characters and monster packs you mean the add'ons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any mini-bosses in the base game? if so, how many are there? Can multiple mini-bosses spawn in a single scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b p
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If i recall correctly only the Nemesis optional boss comes in the retail box- also all the kickstarter stretch-goals were included in my retail version of the game.
The add-ons you had to purchase during the KS are also purchasable in retail, albeit at a (not much) steeper price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i did it

got a good price from a retailer.

232€ inc shipping for everything.

i hope that the version of the main box is the one with all the stretch goals (i love dayle walker )

saw someone on youtube made an unboxing with a copy from that store, and that containted everything (dayle, the 3d doors, the 3 sculpted alters...)

lets see what arrives

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cador2 wrote:
ok i did it

got a good price from a retailer.

232€ inc shipping for everything.

i hope that the version of the main box is the one with all the stretch goals (i love dayle walker )

saw someone on youtube made an unboxing with a copy from that store, and that containted everything (dayle, the 3d doors, the 3 sculpted alters...)

lets see what arrives

What store is it and what did you ordered? The core box + expansion? Or including the add'ons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was "Bravenewworld" from Germany
Base game
Expansion
3 chars
cuthul
and the 8 monster addons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.