Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Like many of my fellow gaming geeks, Tigers in the Snow is the only battle map I lack. I found the hi-res images that
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uploaded and was looking to have them printed at Staples. It looks like if I do scale-to-fit, I'll get the full image on the page (including the reference cards), but I have a bunch of whitespace on either end. Not a huge issue, mind you, but I wanted to make sure I'm doing the "right thing" as it were.

Anyone have experience printing these things at Staples? How's the quality in general? Did you have to do anything like the scale-to-fit to get things to work out okay?

Any advice is welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
Like many of my fellow gaming geeks, Tigers in the Snow is the only battle map I lack. I found the hi-res images that
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uploaded and was looking to have them printed at Staples. It looks like if I do scale-to-fit, I'll get the full image on the page (including the reference cards), but I have a bunch of whitespace on either end. Not a huge issue, mind you, but I wanted to make sure I'm doing the "right thing" as it were.

Anyone have experience printing these things at Staples? How's the quality in general? Did you have to do anything like the scale-to-fit to get things to work out okay?

Any advice is welcome!

Any luck with this? I have a Staples nearby and would try the same thing if possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Albergo
msg tools
I just picked up my prints from Staples, and they look great! Market Garden has a bit of white space on either side, but it in no way detracts. Tigers prints perfectly with no adjustments.

When I saw that these scenarios are out of print and seemingly unavailable, I despaired, but those high resolution images are fantastic!

THANK YOU MR. ROBERTS !!!

Ok, now does anyone know where we can score some fine-looking Tiger miniatures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mogrebla wrote:
I just picked up my prints from Staples, and they look great! Market Garden has a bit of white space on either side, but it in no way detracts. Tigers prints perfectly with no adjustments.

When I saw that these scenarios are out of print and seemingly unavailable, I despaired, but those high resolution images are fantastic!

Can you share the details on how you had them printed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mogrebla wrote:

I ordered 6 from here when I created my map. They work really well and the paint scheme sets them apart from the other tanks.

http://www.ww2toys.net/1144-Scale-WWII-Tank-Tiger-I-Ausf-E-V...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Albergo
msg tools
Just go to Staples.com and select print services. Look for the “banner” service, which is intended to let businesses print signs. Select the “indoor” option, because it’s cheaper and you don’t need anything that will stand up to weather! Select the 6 X 2 foot option. Then just follow the instructions. I think the cost is about $36 per map plus tax. You can pick it up at your local Staples the next day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Albergo
msg tools
Thanks! I just ordered the tanks from the site!

Hope I can return the favor sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Albergo
msg tools
Carl, as a clarification: I printed the first Market Garden map that Mr. Roberts provided as a 6’ x 2’ banner from Staples. But the second Market Garden map, which is a better map because it has the unit positions and special unit details included, should be printed at 6’ x 3’. Hope you see this before you print!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mayhill
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I HIGHLY recommend having unavailable Overlord maps printed as custom posters at www.posterninja.com. You can size them perfectly. I had both Tigers in the Snow and Market-Garden overlord maps printed with Mylar backing there for only $15 each. Great quality and SUPER FAST service.

By the way, I want to point out that I did this ONLY out of necessity. If Days of Wonder would reprint these maps themselves, I’d DEFINITELY support them by buying from them retail (even without the plastic minis). Based on all these forum posts, LOTS of people would do the same. DOW is DEFINITELY leaving $ on the table here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the link. What size did you print and how did it turn out? I ask because $16 gets you 2*4, and folks here are suggesting 2*6 and 3*6.

And I agree with you about DOW's bizzarre business model. We are clamoring for reprints and paying insane prices to DIY or on eBay. I'm getting to the point of asking for a scan of Campaign Book Vol 2, since it may be the only reasonable way to get a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Birch
United Kingdom
Hove
flag msg tools
Could you post the link to the thread where the high res images are, I can't seem to find it – thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Birch
United Kingdom
Hove
flag msg tools
Doh! Found it!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1456486/looking-pdf-map-or-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.