Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense to this thread, but you still have to add, multiply, and memorize to calculate your score. There is an even easier way.

Let's use the same picture

Add the level-3 tiles -- 8

To that sum (8), add the level-2 and level-3 tiles -- 8 + 8 + 9 + 1 + 4 = 30

To that sum, add the level-1 and level-2 and level-3 tiles -- 30 + 8 + 9 + 1 + 4 + 9 + 1 + 0 + 5 + 6 + 8 = 81

No multiplication and no (well, OK, one tiny bit of) memorization, just addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wait

A+2B+3C = C + (C+B) + (A+B+C)

(can be continued with level 4..)

Anyway, I think the concept is to pull off your tiles from the top down into separate stacks to make counting easier. From there add up the score however you please as opposed to what the rulebook suggests.

My personal way is that if there were, say, the same number in Level 1 and Level 2, I'd ditch one of those and put the other in level 3.

0 5 6 8 9 1

4 9 1

9 1 8

19+8+54

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I find that adding long strings of numbers to be harder than adding shorter strings combined with multiplication by small numbers but maybe that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.