Subject: Can you use tokens from eras that have ended? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yancey Larochelle-Williams
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Playing my first game of Freedom, and so far - loving it. I think I ended up with a first edition copy, so I'm not sure if this is fixed in future editions, but I had a question that the rules don't seem to address.

Can you buy tokens from the previous era after you've moved to the new one?

For example, if I move to the middle era and want to buy a conductor token, do I have to buy one of the $3 ones or can I still buy one of the $2 from the previous era?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novatheorem wrote:
Playing my first game of Freedom, and so far - loving it. I think I ended up with a first edition copy, so I'm not sure if this is fixed in future editions, but I had a question that the rules don't seem to address.

For example, if I move to the middle era and want to buy a conductor token, do I have to buy one of the $3 ones or can I still buy one of the $2 from the previous era?

Yes, you can buy any previous tokens. Remember, most tokens can only be used once per game, but the gray movement tokens always go back to the board to be repurchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novatheorem wrote:

Check page 5 of the rules:

Quote:
2. Planning Phase
During the Planning Phase, each player may take up to
2 Tokens from the Token Board. At the beginning of the
game, players may only take tokens from the first Period
(1800-1839). When future Period Columns become active,
players may take tokens from any of the active Period
Columns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.