Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Blackwell
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I just learned about Terraclips gaming terrain, and it seems I'm late to the party, as it appears to be out of print. I'm so upset about it, because it looked like a perfect product with many applications.

Do you have a recommendation for an alternative (or a way I can acquire out of print Terraclips sets)?

Thanks so much!
Brian Blackwell

View Terraclips here:
http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=product&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on what type of terrain you are looking for, Battle Systems may have what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blackwell
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
Depending on what type of terrain you are looking for, Battle Systems may have what you want.

That's a great recommendation; fairly suitable for my purposes, though I'd like to see if I can find U.S. retailer for a better shipping situation.

Much obliged,
Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
PlastCraft, maybe, depending on your game(s).

There's also a ton of papercraft terrain on DriveThruRPG, like Fat Dragon Games and Dave Graffam Models (which happen to be on sale right now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in papercraft, also see DriveThruRPG. PM me if you have any problems finding the free stuff. Also, this guy has a $1 sale: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/739559.page

If you can afford it, there's also 3D terrain made from plastic and resin. I'll plug the Forge Prints Adventurescapes KS, which has a tavern, alchemist's dungeon lair, and docks game tiles and accessories. PM me if you're interested in this sorta stuff.

I think Battle Systems has a newsletter and haven't announced their next KS project. Sign up for their newsletter and ask how you can get their product in the states. Then PM *me* that information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blackwell
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Printables
Wow, it's amazing what people come up with... some of this printable stuff is fantastic! What I like about Terraclips, though, is that you just punch the stuff out and build it, and it's very versatile for creating various layouts while maintaining structural stability.

I want to use this as a replacement for the game board in games like The Undercity, or modular maps in games like Wrath of Ashardalon. I also wanted to use it to display my miniatures when they're not in play, since I spend a lot of time painting them, and they just sit in a box. With all the painting I still have to do (new awesome mini-based games are coming out constantly!) I really didn't want to have a huge craft job with this terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.