The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: experience points?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just a query without spoilers please, when you gain experience points when do you spend them, do you spend them when the game tells you to?? Am still unsure what I am meant to be doing with them? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game will reveal opportunities to spend Experience points. All in good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
DragonFly90 wrote:
Just a query without spoilers please, when you gain experience points when do you spend them, do you spend them when the game tells you to?? Am still unsure what I am meant to be doing with them? Thanks in advance.

Experience
Question about Rest / XP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:

You'll know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:

You'll know.

Great thanks, thought I was missing something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone know what the basket means in the action deck?? It says you can hold 3 more cards?? Is that 3 with the same keyword? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Does anyone know what the basket means in the action deck?? It says you can hold 3 more cards?? Is that 3 with the same keyword? Thanks.

A newly acquired Item card can be placed into the stack of any existing item where there is room according to the stacking limit for your number of players. The new item card does NOT need to share a keyword with the top item of the stack, but if it does, then combining the item card will also increase the die value of the stack representing the combined item.

The Woven Basket simply gives one of your items more slots. Keywords still work the same way. If they match the top card, you increase the die, but any item cards can be placed in the new slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, there seems to be some confusion in the stacking of items. I have only been stacking ones with the same keyword but have noticed that that isn't the case.

Am still uncertain how many cards can you combine is it say how many explorers you have in the game? So you are limited to 3 in each stack of 3? (hope that makes sense)

Then I was reading that if you are asked to discard a card with a key word you don't have to destroy your entire stack of combined items, were as in the rule book it says if you use up one item of the stack the whole thing gets discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Forum search is your friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
Thanks, there seems to be some confusion in the stacking of items. I have only been stacking ones with the same keyword but have noticed that that isn't the case.

Indeed, it's a common misconception.

Quote:
Am still uncertain how many cards can you combine is it say how many explorers you have in the game? So you are limited to 3 in each stack of 3? (hope that makes sense)

The stacking limit and number of Items you may have (along with some other limits) are shown on the Satchel & Journal card. It is dependent on number of players, but it isn't a direct algorithm, so you probably want to just look at the illustrations there (along with the places where the rulebook discusses the Satchel & Journal card.

DragonFly90 wrote:
Then I was reading that if you are asked to discard a card with a key word you don't have to destroy your entire stack of combined items, were as in the rule book it says if you use up one item of the stack the whole thing gets discarded?

This was a special ruling by the designer. The rulebook does say you can deconstruct a card from an item if the card says 'discard this', but this exception has been specifically extended to also cover 'discard cards with keyword X from your inventory' instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Clipper wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:

Indeed, it's a common misconception.

Quote:

The stacking limit and number of Items you may have (along with some other limits) are shown on the Satchel & Journal card. It is dependent on number of players, but it isn't a direct algorithm, so you probably want to just look at the illustrations there (along with the places where the rulebook discusses the Satchel & Journal card.

DragonFly90 wrote:

This was a special ruling by the designer. The rulebook does say you can deconstruct a card from an item if the card says 'discard this', but this exception has been specifically extended to also cover 'discard cards with keyword X from your inventory' instructions.

So basically if say you have 3 items combined and the top item is used up the entire stack is destroyed?

Also with the woven basket it has a 1 pip on it when is this 1 pip used? can you only use the basket once with the extra stacked items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
jepmn wrote:
Forum search is your friend.

Been doing a a lot of forum searching too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:
So basically if say you have 3 items combined and the top item is used up the entire stack is destroyed?

If you mean 'used up' as in the top item card is discarded via a card effect, then no. The die moves to the next item down in the stack without changing its value.

If you mean 'used up' as in the die being reduced to zero, then yes, you lose the whole item.

Quote:
Also with the woven basket it has a 1 pip on it when is this 1 pip used? can you only use the basket once with the extra stacked items?

The pip values are only taken into account when you newly acquire an item card.

If you put your new item card into its own stack, you put a die on it with a value equal to the value shown on the card. If you attach the item card to an existing item and the new card shares a keyword with the top card of the stack, then you increase the current die value by the value shown on the new card.

After the item card has been added to your inventory, the printed value on the card will never have any further meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So why didn't they make a rule that you can have 15 items in your basket? It would make things easier.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.