Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, I really struggled with grasping the rules of the game.

1. For moving, commercial and factory spaces occupied on a previous turn must be left empty on the subsequent round. To reiterate, this means that commercial and factory spaces only produce for you every other round?

2. Does the result of 1, in practice, usually end up having those citizens places in residences or cultural buildings on the off rounds?

3. Tourists move in your own move phase. They can produce in factories or commercial buildings. They must move each round. Can they move to a commercial or factory spot opened up when an opponent's citizen moves off? In other words, does the rule that a factory or commercial space can't be occupied two rounds in a row apply to tourists?

4. Your own tourists that are in a foreign borough produce money for your opponents. They also produce pollution for them. In return, you get either the commercial income or factory income. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks! Almost ready to play my first game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in awhile but from memory here we go.

1. For moving, commercial and factory spaces occupied on a previous turn must be left empty on the subsequent round. To reiterate, this means that commercial and factory spaces only produce for you every other round?

- Technically yes and no. It just means you can't occupy the same spot two turns in a row, but if you have multiple factories you could jump to the same good on that factory assuming you weren't also in that one (or go visit an opponent's city and use their factory so they get the pollution).

2. Does the result of 1, in practice, usually end up having those citizens places in residences or cultural buildings on the off rounds?

- Huh? Result of 1, confused I am.

3. Tourists move in your own move phase. They can produce in factories or commercial buildings. They must move each round. Can they move to a commercial or factory spot opened up when an opponent's citizen moves off? In other words, does the rule that a factory or commercial space can't be occupied two rounds in a row apply to tourists?

- The must left empty rule applies to you, you have to leave a space you occupied on commercial or factory empty at the end of your movement phase, therefore opening it up for visitors.

4. Your own tourists that are in a foreign borough produce money for your opponents. They also produce pollution for them. In return, you get either the commercial income or factory income. Am I missing anything else?

- Nope, pollute their city to your heart's content, and then they'll kill your tourists when it comes down to it... :-D
Thanks! Almost ready to play my first game!

Enjoy, love this game, can't wait for the next round of expansions to come my way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to a most excellent game! There is a lot to the game, so it takes a couple games to get everything sorted out. (Then you can start figuring out how to play WELL! I'm still working on that. )

shadow9d9 wrote:

Correct. Commercial and factory spaces will only produce for you at most every other round. (Emphasis relates to question 3.)

shadow9d9 wrote:

2. After a few rounds, you are likely to have enough commercial and factory spaces such that about half of such spaces are occupied by your citizens for any given round, and then those citizens swap to the other spaces in the next round. At some point you will start to load citizens on larger residential blocks to begin scoring, but those don't tend to bounce on and off in my limited experience. Citizens on cultural and special buildings often stay there until final scoring.

shadow9d9 wrote:

See the fourth bullet under III. MOVE CITZENS.
"Each Factory and Commercial space that your Citizens occupied at the start of this phase cannot be re-occupied by one of your Citizens this phase; however, another player could use that space."

Thus, the limit is that the same player can not use the a commercial or factory space for two consecutive rounds. If one player moves off (either in their home borough or as a tourist), then a subsequent player may move a citizen (tourist or at home borough) onto that space. Player order has a substantial effect here.

shadow9d9 wrote:

The only other tourist points I can think of are:
1. When the borough that generated the highest pollution must kill a citizen, they may choose a tourist to die. (See also the effect of the Fire Station... which really makes more sense as an EMT or mini-clinic.)
2. If playing four players, you can only move a tourist one borough at a time. Thus, in order to get a tourist into the borough across from you, you will need to move a tourist into an adjacent borough in one round, and then move it across from you in the following round. (At which point, you can simultaneously move another tourist into the adjacent borough.)

Enjoy the game! Now I want to play it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks so much.

What I meant by the result of 1 was, as a result of my first question. Sorry for being unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.