Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

AFFLICTION: Salem 1692» Forums » General

Subject: Playmat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I picked up and played Affliction at GrandCon with Dan teaching 4 of us how to play, and using their very nice Playmats, and was wondering if anyone has found a place where we could have them printed on Neoprene for a decent price?

I've ordered custom printed mats before from companies off Amazon for $14 each, but these are 11x17, and most custom print ones are 14x24. Not to mention that if I wanted 4, $14 each is a little much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Steffens
United States
Horseheads
NY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
igknight wrote:
So, I picked up and played Affliction at GrandCon with Dan teaching 4 of us how to play, and using their very nice Playmats, and was wondering if anyone has found a place where we could have them printed on Neoprene for a decent price?

I've ordered custom printed mats before from companies off Amazon for $14 each, but these are 11x17, and most custom print ones are 14x24. Not to mention that if I wanted 4, $14 each is a little much.


Rather than neoprene, you might consider having a professional printer do the pdf and have them laminated. That should be a lot cheaper. I'm not a fan of covering everything with plexiglass, as there's no give.

The playmats are really nice, though. I went all-in on the Kickstarter, so have four.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw this on KS and thought, 'Not another Salem game', then I saw what it actually was and kicked myself.

I've looked into just going with getting it printed on nice paper and laminated, but online the minimum order is like 50+ for lamination jobs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be worth getting in touch worth Dan and sound if he has any extra leftovers that he might be able to sell. I know that the playmate were special for kickstand backers, but they always make a few extras in case some are damaged out get lost in the mail.

There is a slim, but possible chance that he has a few extras that he could sell.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They didn't have any this weekend. He did say they have been in talks with a company to provide them but hasn't heard back from them yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith czop
msg tools
mbmbmb
I too played this at Grand-Con this weekend. Great Game. I am looking to hit an Office max to see if I can print and Laminate the mats. I will keep you posted on how it go's.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked online and they didn't seem to have the 11x17 size for printing. VistaPrint does, and it wasn't to bad pricing, but they don't do laminates.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hundycz
United States
Corning
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
I am going to go ahead and order more mats and make them available from our website and at conventions.

4 mats 1/16" thick 11x14 $25 plus shipping.($6.25 per mat)

Sound good?

It will take a couple of weeks for them to come in. I'll post here when they do.

Dan
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dhundycz wrote:
I am going to go ahead and order more mats and make them available from our website and at conventions.

4 mats 1/16" thick 11x14 $25 plus shipping.($6.25 per mat)

Sound good?

It will take a couple of weeks for them to come in. I'll post here when they do.

Dan


Dan, you guys ROCK! I'm in for 4!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith czop
msg tools
mbmbmb
OfficeMax printed 8 for me 13 bucks on card stock. 2.90 each to get laminated. Looks really good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith Zman wrote:
OfficeMax printed 8 for me 13 bucks on card stock. 2.90 each to get laminated. Looks really good.


11x17?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith czop
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, I ended up getting them all laminated and for 8 of them (4 for a buddy that bought the game to), I paid 38 bucks. I thought it was a solid price personally. They are on a card stock as well. I waited while they produced them and the whole process took like 15 minutes. I did have to use their computer to log into this site to get the PDF but it was easy enough to do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith Zman wrote:
Yes, I ended up getting them all laminated and for 8 of them (4 for a buddy that bought the game to), I paid 38 bucks. I thought it was a solid price personally. They are on a card stock as well. I waited while they produced them and the whole process took like 15 minutes. I did have to use their computer to log into this site to get the PDF but it was easy enough to do.


Thanks, may have to do that until the actual mats are ready.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hundycz
United States
Corning
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
The mats are in. You can order them from here

https://dphgames.com/product-category/affliction

I tried to include first class mail as an option, but apparently, the post office changed the rules (anything over 1 lb must be shipped priority mail).

Anyway, they are in!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, that was fast!

And ordered! Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Dang, that was fast! Ordered Friday and I got them yesterday!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.