Recommend
19 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Dice Hospital» Forums » General

Subject: Print and play files now available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Final and 3rd round of Print and Play.

Please be aware - this is NOT the final art of the game. It is just a placeholder and is meant to help us learn more about what you think of the game, so we can tweak it.

Please save both links - it is absolutely imperative we receive your feedback please. Ideally by 2nd October. So please save them and fill in once you are done. Alternatively - email me at contact @ alleycatgames . com and I will send both to your email directly.

Files: http://bit.ly/DH3_PnP

Feedback form: http://bit.ly/DH_3_FF

thanks everyone.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have trouble with the "intake phase". Ambulance phase or arrival phase. Just, a term I use for car valves doesn't feel the correct term that brings the hospital theme out in that phase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Scott,

this is the first time it's been mentioned, but think it's fine as it is.

thanks though!

ropearoni4 wrote:
I just have trouble with the "intake phase". Ambulance phase or arrival phase. Just, a term I use for car valves doesn't feel the correct term that brings the hospital theme out in that phase.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hale
United States
Roswell
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance we can get the solo cards to try it out as well?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wolvehunde wrote:
Any chance we can get the solo cards to try it out as well?


I second this! How is the solo version at this point?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schachtner
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
I like to play games solo or over hangouts.
badge
Nothing to see here, madness.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

So, I did a quick PnP of Dice Hospital last night and today. Here is a picture of my solo play through of the game. Even without the Medical Records for Solo play this game is fun. I did back it before crafting a PnP Version. Going to be fun playing with the 3D Ambulances. Very fun game, I can't wait to take it to the game store.

Definitely a must have for any dice game lover.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished off my copy...hoping to get in a play Saturday night.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Patterson
United States
Philadelphia Region
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I just have trouble with the "intake phase". Ambulance phase or arrival phase. Just, a term I use for car valves doe
sn't feel the correct term that brings the hospital theme out in that phase.



Scott, at first I thought the same as you regarding "intake", so I did a Google search for "hospital intake" and found that the term "intake form" is fairly common.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ProgramMan wrote:
Quote:
I just have trouble with the "intake phase". Ambulance phase or arrival phase. Just, a term I use for car valves doe
sn't feel the correct term that brings the hospital theme out in that phase.



Scott, at first I thought the same as you regarding "intake", so I did a Google search for "hospital intake" and found that the term "intake form" is fairly common.


Yep, I asked my brother and his hospital has an intake nurse. Feels more like a triage nurse, but oh well, to each their own. As long as I don't think of an intake valve on the ambulance that arrives, I'm good with it. : )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Davies
msg tools
There is only me to playtest this. Any chance of some solo rules?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Terrell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help!!!

Playing my first print and play.

Can you use a blood bag to heal someone that has already been treated or only the person currently being treated.

Also does an untreated patient become treated if a blood bag is used on them or are they still untreated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tamlaras wrote:
Help!!!

Playing my first print and play.

Can you use a blood bag to heal someone that has already been treated or only the person currently being treated.

Also does an untreated patient become treated if a blood bag is used on them or are they still untreated?


Blood bag usage is a treatment irl, so I'd count it. The rules state it is considered healing, so I'd go with yes, and yes. Then again, it says during an activation. So, alone blood bag usage on a patient does not seem to work.


edit: oky ignore that. It reads that you can "during activation" use bonus effects to heal. Activation is not actions, but is the entire phase, so your answers should be yes, and yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see everyone's interest in the game and it being in the flesh.

May I remind players to please send us feedback as we move towards finalising the rules based on data.

Also I will be uploading the solo pnp medical report cards in the next few days as well as the link to the latest rulebook which includes solo rules (this is in the files section of bgg as the latest rulebook)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heike Pohl
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,
the pnp files aren´t working.....can´t download it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Raider84 wrote:
Hello,
the pnp files aren´t working.....can´t download it.


just checked and seems to be working for me...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm a large city hospital senior analyst, specialising in building patient flow systems. I'll try and print it out later and try it over the next few days if I can.

Edit: Its a large hospital, Im not large...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kniknax wrote:
I'm a large city hospital senior analyst, specialising in building patient flow systems. I'll try and print it out later and try it over the next few days if I can.

Edit: Its a large hospital, Im not large...


Looking forward to your feedback - however the patients in the game do not move around - the doctors do
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
caljassar wrote:
kniknax wrote:
I'm a large city hospital senior analyst, specialising in building patient flow systems. I'll try and print it out later and try it over the next few days if I can.

Edit: Its a large hospital, Im not large...


Looking forward to your feedback - however the patients in the game do not move around - the doctors do


They move from the ambulance to the ward then are treated and discharged - so you have a very basic flow system, even if you didn't intend it

I've only read the rules so far, but am not keen on the "fatality" for when you have no beds free. This gives a very grim view of hospital services, especially when the focus in the press is around lack of beds and A&E wait times (at least here in the UK)

In reality the patient is delayed (at best) causing the hospital to fail its targets and be fined, and at worse the patient is transferred to another facility. I know this isn't as dramatic sounding, but you have a chance her to spread awareness of hospital issues, so maybe a fact sheet in the rules about the issues experienced with beds, A&E and Wait times?

I may be hoping for too much

I'll print it out tomorrow and take a look anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar

I'm curious to know why the hospital rooms are hexes; or has this been previously explained? Is the shape of the tiles important, or might they be simple rectangles?

I ask this as hexes would normally suggest a spatial aspect to the hospital layout, which there isn't.

Thank you.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"What do you mean, I can't pay in Meeples?"
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Don't think there's any special reason the tiles are hex shaped beyond the fact that's what fits isometrically drawn rooms best?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
caljassar wrote:
Great to see everyone's interest in the game and it being in the flesh.

May I remind players to please send us feedback as we move towards finalising the rules based on data.

Also I will be uploading the solo pnp medical report cards in the next few days as well as the link to the latest rulebook which includes solo rules (this is in the files section of bgg as the latest rulebook)

Are the solo medical report cards those shown in he rulebook, or is that just a sample of those you will make available in the game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Jones
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fire_Forever wrote:
Don't think there's any special reason the tiles are hex shaped beyond the fact that's what fits isometrically drawn rooms best?


Yes, they do look good with the isometric art but for a Print & Play they are a pain to cut out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Jones
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kniknax wrote:
caljassar wrote:
... the patients in the game do not move around - the doctors do :D


I've only read the rules so far, but am not keen on the "fatality" for when you have no beds free. This gives a very grim view of hospital services, especially when the focus in the press is around lack of beds and A&E wait times (at least here in the UK)

In reality the patient is delayed (at best) causing the hospital to fail its targets and be fined, and at worse the patient is transferred to another facility.


I agree that causing a fatality for not having enough beds is not particularly realistic (but we are only treating dice here).

In combination with having a bit more playing interaction perhaps the player who cannot take the patient has to pay another player (1 blood bag per patient) for them to take the patients?

And only if there are no takers would the fatality clause come in to effect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Jones
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
caljassar wrote:

Please be aware - this is NOT the final art of the game.

It is absolutely imperative we receive your feedback please. Ideally by 2nd October.


Taking in to account the points you mention, I realise I'm a bit late sending feedback but I wanted to make two suggestions:

1. I'm not keen on the name of the third round "Activation", it's just not a term I associate with medical practice; wouldn't this be better called "Treatment"?

2. The artwork in on the specialist cards is great (in the final game, not the P&P) but very little room is given to the most important information on the card. See the attached picture.



I think it would be better to make the photo slightly smaller to allow the icons to be bigger. The Registrar card shown has a number of icons and they don't quite fit the space given.

Other than that it's looking great!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caezar Al-Jassar

Cambridge, UK
-- Non U.S. --
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nerd_biker wrote:

In combination with having a bit more playing interaction perhaps the player who cannot take the patient has to pay another player (1 blood bag per patient) for them to take the patients?

And only if there are no takers would the fatality clause come in to effect.


I'm not a fan of this mechanic since it overcomplicates the game for a small rule that wouldn't be used very often. Sorry!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.