Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Iron Dragon» Forums » General

Subject: Status? Updates? Sightings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS told me his distribution system shows a street date of Sept 14, and I've asked him to order a copy for me. Seeing as that's come and gone and the game shows "out of stock" on Mayfair's own site, is it safe to assume the reprint has been delayed? There doesn't seem to be any mention of it or availability anywhere online, nor any indication anyone has actually obtained a production copy.

What's going on with this thing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No, It's not delayed.
I got my copy straight from Mayfair. It arrived 3 days ago.
11 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do your resource tokens have an odd indentation on them ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeebstheman wrote:
No, It's not delayed.
I got my copy straight from Mayfair. It arrived 3 days ago.


Man, that looks so different from my old one...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip DeCarbo
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
My FLGS told me his distribution system shows a street date of Sept 14, and I've asked him to order a copy for me. Seeing as that's come and gone and the game shows "out of stock" on Mayfair's own site, is it safe to assume the reprint has been delayed? There doesn't seem to be any mention of it or availability anywhere online, nor any indication anyone has actually obtained a production copy.

What's going on with this thing?


The distributor is showing a release date of 9/21 at this point, so it does look like it was delayed a week. It shouldn't be delayed any further, though, since it looks like it showed up at the distributors today. So I'd bet your FLGS should have it for you next week.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the load chips made of cardboard now? I'm not sure I like that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the cardboard chits are kind of a shame given how nice the most recent Eurorails / Empire Builder chips are. It must have been a cost issue, but at $60 MSRP and not that many significant other components it would have been nice to have them. Oh well. I'm just glad it's finally seen a reprint.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blark wrote:
Are the load chips made of cardboard now? I'm not sure I like that.


Yeah, cardboard. Mine has a sort of gear indentation on them, not sure if that is intentional or not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinKase wrote:
blark wrote:
Are the load chips made of cardboard now? I'm not sure I like that.


Yeah, cardboard. Mine has a sort of gear indentation on them, not sure if that is intentional or not.


I didn't look at the resource chips real closely. I'll check that out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be as blunt as possible, the embossed chips that exist for the couple of games that we did them for became both cost-prohibitive, and unavailable. The feedback we received from the community in general was that the cardboard chips introduced in Empire Express allowing for double-sided printing, and more clarity of symbol and color, were appreciated.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
To be as blunt as possible, the embossed chips that exist for the couple of games that we did them for became both cost-prohibitive, and unavailable. The feedback we received from the community in general was that the cardboard chips introduced in Empire Express allowing for double-sided printing, and more clarity of symbol and color, were appreciated.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games


I do like the double-sidedness of them. thumbsup
Can't wait to get this to the table with some people and play it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bacon
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeebstheman wrote:
JustinKase wrote:
blark wrote:
Are the load chips made of cardboard now? I'm not sure I like that.


Yeah, cardboard. Mine has a sort of gear indentation on them, not sure if that is intentional or not.


I didn't look at the resource chips real closely. I'll check that out.


It does look like a gear imprint. I can appreciate that little extra touch!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Can someone tell me if the new edition has significant changes over the old one?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom B
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered it back in July, and my FLGS called this afternoon to tell me it was in. Haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but looking forward to checking it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lok52 wrote:
I pre-ordered it back in July, and my FLGS called this afternoon to tell me it was in. Haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but looking forward to checking it out.

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear from my FLGS as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Monte
United States
Glendale
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received mine yesterday via gamenerdz.

Haven't played or given a careful look over yet but, demands, foremen, and boats have different sided backs.

The map has some added graphical detail.

As discussed, the tokens are card board, glossy, and colored.

I gave the rules at least a look over, there are references to the original rulebook and how some things have changed. I know for sure the rules say that there should only be two initial operating rounds before the first turn. I think there are more listed variants. I'll have to read more carefully to find anything else.

Oh yeah the rules themselves are glossy paper.

But my initial impression is that this is finally an actual printing vs the original which comes closer to a prototype, especially with the colorless stickered tokens.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Iron Dragon Extensions included in this new printing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I saw
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get some photos of the new foremen and train cards? Just some samples of the final art.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.