Subject: Science scoring too random? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly this is just a first impression from the rulebook as ive never played before, and maybe im not understanding a rule here. When discovering a scientific study you flip a card and if you get a matching symbol you can score it.

So if there is no matching symbol then nothing happens? Basically the discovery is useless and youve wasted alot of effort. Seems very random compared to other, more reliable, ways to score.

Is this how others see it, or am i missing something? Again, ive obviously never played (since its not out yet and i didnt get to demo it), this is just an early impression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Charlebois
Canada
Ottawa-Montréal
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always do the Gain Revenue action to try and score all your technology cards...so yeah you might now score when you first develop it but you can try and score it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Clearly this is just a first impression from the rulebook as ive never played before, and maybe im not understanding a rule here. When discovering a scientific study you flip a card and if you get a matching symbol you can score it.

So if there is no matching symbol then nothing happens? Basically the discovery is useless and youve wasted alot of effort. Seems very random compared to other, more reliable, ways to score.

Is this how others see it, or am i missing something? Again, ive obviously never played (since its not out yet and i didnt get to demo it), this is just an early impression.

There is end-scoring column - higher than in-game scoring and unconditional. But scoring during game ( playing technologies, gain revenue, production) IS random. Combat is random flip too but it is expected to have some uncertainty.
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
didn't even bother to give constructive answer WHY this mechanism ( ranondom VP during gain revenue) was introduced
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26699299#26699299

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:

When you build it, you have a chance to score.
Remember though, that through the game you will have more chances (Gain revenue action) to score again.
And at the end of the game you'll score it again for free, for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.