Subject: Solo - Worth picking up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
So I just got the KS starter version of the walking dead all out walk and I love the game.

However, I seen project z and was wondering if it can be played Solo and if its really worth getting since I have TWD:AOW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Weitnauer
United States
Bartlesville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I love this game and play it solo often, I don't think I would have bought it for solo play exclusively. There are far better games for solo zombie play. This game plays best as a 3 way battle with a player for each force.
Survivors or Gang vs Survivors or Gang vs Zombies.
The Special Forces vs Zombies makes for a okay solo though. Their mission is about killing zombies and claiming buildings while pretty much ignoring the other player types.
There is only one mission in the book designed for solo play while the other half dozen or so missions (don't have the book in front of me) are for 2+ players.

I play it solo by adding in some content from the Two Hour Wargames All Things Zombie game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jones
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Zombie game is best for solo play then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Weitnauer
United States
Bartlesville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didn't notice your question until now.

I think the best Solo rules for zombies has to be All Things Zombie by Two Hour Wargames. In that game you have total control over your Star character(s), but the game system controls all the zombies and non-Star (called Grunts) characters.
It has a wonderful campaign system for generating encounters.
If you haven't yet checked it out, look for the free Chain Reaction game. It uses the same game mechanics as All Things Zombie, but without the zombies. The rules are not to everyone's taste. So the free game lets you test drive them before spending any cash.

Also a great game is Red Ops Five from Rebel Minis. It is lighter version of All Things Zombie (same author) but focus is on Special Forces (Army, SWAT, etc) clearing buildings.

I generally use the Red Ops Five rules with the All Things Zombie campaign and encounter rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.