Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Slightly silly question, but I'm considering backing Cerebria, and I want to know how good their game length estimates are.

My friend also has a copy of this he wants us to play, but I'm a bit worried about length...

How long does Anachrony ACTUALLY take to play?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Four players: my famously slow group plays it in about 2.5 hours. We've only played a handful of times.

For comparison, a little bit slower than Puerto Rico (like I said, we're slow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
My first two player game took 4 hours but both of us agreed it did not feel like four hours. I believe future games would play quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
not counting teaching time, my games at game night with a mix of new and returning players has run about 2 1/2 hours. I can solo it now it under an hour including set up & break down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
Slightly silly question, but I'm considering backing Cerebria, and I want to know how good their game length estimates are.

My friend also has a copy of this he wants us to play, but I'm a bit worried about length...

How long does Anachrony ACTUALLY take to play?

Thanks!

The Times listed for Anachrony are accurate assuming everyone knows the rules but like any game you have to add time for teaching/learning. The good thing about Anachrony is that although it looks complicated its really not and can be taught rather quickly. I find by the second game everyone knows what they are doing and games go by fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Anachrony, I have played twice now and the first 4 player game with all new players was 2.5 hours (3 of the 4 had read the rules before hand). The second game, also with 4 was at almost exactly 2 hours, right in alignment with the official estimates.

Also, I have played Trickerion 4 times now and they have ranged between 1.5 hours - 2.5 hours, also within the official estimate.

Thus I would say the Mindclash games game play timing estimates have been relatively accurate thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the estimate on the box is pretty accurate if you don't include teaching time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play things a bit quicker like myself we get a three player game done in 1 hour . Our first game went for 1 and a half hours with two including rules primer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.