Jason C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys I have a question to the folks that played both scenarios in the path of carcosa.

Diane Devinne did you find her to easy her mechanic was when she spawns put her with the bystander with the fewest clues, when I played it everyone accept 2 bystanders that we already have gotten their clues had the same amount of clues 3, wouldn't it have been tougher to put her with the bystander with the most clues ?

Next in Curtain Call the act prior to the Last King you remember when in a certain act it said put 2 cultist tokens in the the chaos bag, was that a mistake that it did not say "put 2 cultists in the chaos for the remainder of the campaign" ? It made The last king Scenario easy with only the skull token to affect the scenario besides the negative numbers of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
salex724 wrote:
Next in Curtain Call the act prior to the Last King you remember when in a certain act it said put 2 cultist tokens in the the chaos bag, was that a mistake that it did not say "put 2 cultists in the chaos for the remainder of the campaign" ? It made The last king Scenario easy with only the skull token to affect the scenario besides the negative numbers of course.

Not a mistake as such. The chaos bag is persistent throughout a campaign, so added tokens remain until you're instructed to remove them.

The removal of "until the end of the campaign," prevents conflicts with effects that might remove them later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those tokens stay in the bag. And they make the next scenario substantially harder!

As for Diane, I'm not sure I'd count 0 clues as the "fewest" clues. The whole mechanic of her character is to make it hard to gather clues/clear off a location. Once a character is clear of clues, I think Diane would necessarily move somewhere else.

That being said, she is pretty squishy so can be removed from the board pretty easily

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Dianne, I chose to interpret fewest clues as including "but at least 1" just because she was going to be trivialized otherwise. I did choose to have one investigator engage her and then beat her with successive fight checks. As far as I can tell you can attack an aloof enemy if you spend the action to engage the enemy first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies folks, I played it wrong, I removed the 2 tokens out of the bag at the end of the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salex724 wrote:
Thanks for the replies folks, I played it wrong, I removed the 2 tokens out of the bag at the end of the scenario.

The dream!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
As for Diane, I'm not sure I'd count 0 clues as the "fewest" clues. The whole mechanic of her character is to make it hard to gather clues/clear off a location. Once a character is clear of clues, I think Diane would necessarily move somewhere else.

Hmm. I agree, but it's a shame that the instructions didn't seem to consider 0 as being less than 1. Mathematics doesn't seem to match with the intent of her character.

Fortunately, my investigators were removing clues pretty much 3 at a time. I don't think she'd have changed things too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyWBurns wrote:
Twitch_City wrote:

Hmm. I agree, but it's a shame that the instructions didn't seem to consider 0 as being less than 1. Mathematics doesn't seem to match with the intent of her character.

Fortunately, my investigators were removing clues pretty much 3 at a time. I don't think she'd have changed things too much.

Maybe they did, and they didn't anticipate that we were going to just rush clues ASAP? I don't know why, because the agenda/act cards make it pretty clear you have a solitary objective. I'm playing with Minh on normal, so it was reasonable to empty out the party-goer in the foyer adjacent location quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyWBurns wrote:
Twitch_City wrote:

We placed her in a location with a bystander who had 0 clues. Whereas she's not "difficult" to handle this way, she is if you scatter and don't focus on a single bystander. We only just cleared one when she came out.

I think her arrival is only foreshadowing of her reappearance in a later scenario. She doesn't have a flip mechanism and seems to have made a grand appearance. I think it is just to get us to note that she runs in these circles and doesn't seem to really be affected by them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Cambronero
msg tools
The game dont even remember if you kill her. She should have VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
She doesn't have a flip mechanism and seems to have made a grand appearance. I think it is just to get us to note that she runs in these circles and doesn't seem to really be affected by them...

Orbmac wrote:
The game dont even remember if you kill her.

This actually makes a lot of sense if you consider
Spoiler (click to reveal)
unreliable narration

already being a major theme in PtC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glasser
United States
California
flag msg tools
Twitch_City wrote:
salex724 wrote:

The dream!

You're making up for my group, which somehow managed to play this scenario with *3* of the -4/gain-a-horror tokens in our bag.

Let's just say this makes it a lot harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.