Hide
2 Posts

Hounded» Forums » General

Subject: Scratched tile backs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
San Nuvola
msg tools
I like this little game, the asymmetry makes each play interesting and the design is very attractive, but there's one fatal flaw that ruined my experience after a few plays: some of the tiles have their back scratched or marked by white/grey dots out of the box.

This is pretty unavoidable on tile games I guess, but when it happens to a game that is all about flipping certain tiles it just ruins it. For example, my Sun tile came with a visible white cut line on its back out of the box, and after I realized it, now I know where it is at a glance. I can't even avoid it, it's just automatic - and this unavoidably shapes my play style, making me "cheat" against my will. It's really a nuisance that could have been avoided with more careful packing I guess, or slightly more resistant coating on the back of the tile at least cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
San Nuvola
msg tools
Have to give huge thumbs up to the people at Atlas games, who sent me a full replacement copy in the matter of days, adding a sweet note and a promo meeple. Some tile backs are still dotted by small marks, but no dramatic scratches that would make the game unplayable. Very happy to be able to play this finally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.