Fire of Eidolon» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Questions, Diving and Dark Relic Chambers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hoban
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
2 questions that I cant seem to find in the rule book.

1: Diving. I understand that when your character is on a tile that is sent to the void, you character must dive to a connected room by placing your standee on its side. My question is, what is the downside to diving? do you loose your next turn? If there is no downside to diving, why bother writing it in the rulebook? Why not just say, move character to connected adjacent tile.

2. When revealing one of the three dark relic chambers, you put the dark relic inside the chamber. Do you also put a token of power in the chamber? I originally thought, No you dont. However there are 8 tokens for each type and 7 chambers of each type, not including the dark relic chamber. With 1 extra token for each type, does that go into the Dark Relic Chamber? I cannot find a reason what the extra token is for. Even if chambers get sent to the void the tokens go with them, but that still doesnt explain why have 8 tokens with 7 rooms unless the 8th goes into the Dark relic chamber with the Dark Relic.

Loving this game so far, it has replaced Forbidden Island for me. Havent tried the different scenarios yet but I am looking forward to giving those a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hoban9331 wrote:
1: My question is, what is the downside to diving? do you loose your next turn?

As mentioned on page 5, one of the actions you can do after diving is to STAND (and it's required if you are tipped over from a previous dive). So basically diving forces you to lose 1 action.

Quote:
2. However there are 8 tokens for each type and 7 chambers of each type, not including the dark relic chamber. With 1 extra token for each type, does that go into the Dark Relic Chamber? I cannot find a reason what the extra token is for.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the relic chambers don't get tokens, but I don't know what the 8th would be for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hoban
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thank you, I did not see that on page 5.

To add to my second question, I think I found the answer. on page 2 of the rule book's Components list, it says "21 tokens of power: 7 Tokens of intelligence (blue scrolls), 7 tokens of strength (red picks), and 7 tokens of dexterity (green keys),Plus spares.

And next to the list is the icons with the number 8 next to them. So the answer is that they extras are just spares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nemo Rathwald
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
They are extra tokens in case you lose one. It also looks like there is a hint toward possible future bonus content.

Page two of the rulebook shows the setup of the basic game, which lists the equipment required; and it lists seven of each token of power among those requirements.

At the bottom of the page appears this text:
Quote:
Note: For simplicity, not all components shown
Some additional parts are included as spares and may be utilized in the future Save these extra parts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lipton
msg tools
designer
nemorathwald wrote:
There are extra tokens in case you lose one...

That is correct! The 8th Token is for in case you lose one, as they are small. The Relic Chambers do not get Tokens Of Power.

peakhope wrote:
As mentioned on page 5, one of the actions you can do after diving is to STAND (and it's required if you are tipped over from a previous dive). So basically diving forces you to lose 1 action.

Yup, burns 1 Action to stand back up, which can be a significant penalty at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.