Subject: Any updates? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a little over a month since our last update for Container - any new information on how things are going? Just curious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a once a month update is only courteous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that ten years from now they'll give you a JUMBO update with extra-large font you neither wanted nor asked for. Also, key words will be missing but they will act as if it were how people usually talk. They will then sell you the missing words for an exorbitant price as if it they are doing you a favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - I'm not looking to open up the floodgates on the negativity again after whole 85 containers thing. Just was wondering about an update for a game I'm excited about buying (my first Kickstarter ever, actually).

Please be nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our last update was on August 25th, so less than a month.

I am happy to share the latest here, however, since you were asking, though I must confess that there is not a whole lot new to report because we are working our way through artwork proofing and other preliminary steps before the manufacturing stage begins.

At the moment we are awaiting samples of the ships and container pieces. It should be imminent, and we're excited to share pictures. We were holding off on an official update because we expect them as early as this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not to be funny, but shouldn't you follow your own advise? The thread's been quiet for nearly ten days. Why fan the flames?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
You make a decent point. Inflammatory (even if in defense of the game) remarks removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aries wind
United States
Mt Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
They posted something of an update in the comments, fyi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Which is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
That there's gonna be an update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aries wind
United States
Mt Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
tilouboy wrote:
Which is?

i was hoping you'd just go and look for yourself, but...

Quote:

Brian 4 days ago

i'm rather confused about how you could possibly ship to backers in January if you haven't already started mass production and are still proofing artwork. am i incorrect in thinking there's at least a month-2month in assembly, another month-2month in shipping to fulfillment centers, not to mention the time it takes to produce everything (probably another month-2month if you havent started)

Mercury Games Inc. 4 days ago

@Brian - Good question. There is some difficulty accurately predicting any production schedule. In this case, these ships and containers have proven to be very tricky to develop given their unprecedented size. That being said, our last estimate from the factory had us, just barely, shipping out on time assuming no other surprises during production.

Our pledge to our Backers is to get the project right. And we always do our best to hit our shipping targets. But we prioritize the former over the latter if we're forced to choose (thankfully we've never missed a KS shipping estimate thus far and still have been able to deliver industry-leading quality projects).

Though the struggle to get the ships right has cost us a bit of time, we are still currently on target. If we start to slide in our timeline we will certainly let everyone know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorrit Rensen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photo's of a ship, a warehouse, some containers and some machines turned up at facebook:

Https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=7711852730...

I guess there will be an update soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a Kickstarter update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1280624810/container-10...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or are some of the containers misaligned? I wonder why that is. I hope the containers don't have weird bumps preventing them from properly lying flat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Grayslake
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mb
WilbertK wrote:
Is it just me or are some of the containers misaligned? I wonder why that is. I hope the containers don't have weird bumps preventing them from properly lying flat.

I hope it's just a very bad photo. The containers seem to sit crooked, the slots don't all appear to be the same size, the lines on the back of the grey container are crooked, there seem to be stray blobs/strings of resin all over the tower in the back (the support under the overhang looks molded by hand), the black container has some lumpy texture and is all glossy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bric wrote:
I hope it's just a very bad photo. The containers seem to sit crooked, the slots don't all appear to be the same size, the lines on the back of the grey container are crooked, there seem to be stray blobs/strings of resin all over the tower in the back (the support under the overhang looks molded by hand), the black container has some lumpy texture and is all glossy...
They're fine: they're all within 85% tolerance of the original maquettes ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
bric wrote:

I hope so too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
The crane itself lost some detail lines that wouldn't have effected structural integrity, so I hope those come back. I dunno. I think they should keep the details in and if someone breaks a rail off their own model, tough cookies. They should take better care of their stuff.

All in all I think the design looks acceptable. Maybe the radar "bump" on top could use a redesign to look like something but it's alright. Personally wondering why they're not plastic which is more durable if they're not going to go high detail (which is usually the point of resin).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
With most plastic pieces in my games I can't understand why they have so much detail since I can't see them anyway because they are so small. And here we have a monstruous piece of plastic with almost no detail. I don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I think they should keep the details in and if someone breaks a rail off their own model, tough cookies. They should take better care of their stuff.

The problem occurs when a person accidentally breaks something off their model, then complains that it was received that way when the box was first opened and demands/requests a replacement piece.

I can't imagine how much it would cost to mail out a replacement for such a large item. It certainly won't fit in a bubble mailer and of course Customs will want to inspect the package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Notmyrealname
Norway
flag msg tools
They look.. bad. And not only do they look bad, being ridiculously oversized it's also very apparent how bad they look.

I wish there was a straight up reprinted version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems this was always more about the bling than the game. The thing is the bling looks pretty ugly right now. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Notmyrealname
Norway
flag msg tools
enoon wrote:
It seems this was always more about the bling than the game. The thing is the bling looks pretty ugly right now. Oh well.

The only thing we're left with that's unique about this edition is the "jumbo" part. Never have I ever played a game and thought 'This game is great, but I wish the components were bigger, preferably almost 5 times bigger'. Bigger size is usually negative, it takes up more storage space and it takes more effort to bring it to a game night.

I'm not someone who cares for minis. I prefer cubes, and I would never buy a game because of minis. In this case I didn't have an option. Judging by the concept images, I thought I at least was going to get some good looking and detailed ships. Well, guess that's not happening either. Now I just have a big heavy game that could have been 1/5 of the size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
It can't be this bad, can it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.