Tannhäuser» Forums » General

Subject: Are there any chances of a second edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like the theme of this game and I can`t find anything like it. I asked FFG about this IP and, as usual, didn`t comment on the matter. Does anyone know the state of ownership of this IP? Has it come back to the original creators? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Have a look at Incursion for similar thematics. Good game too.

I think Tannhauser is done. Interesting title but it didn't catch on. That's not based on any actual news though, so you never know.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. To be honest I had that game on my radar but ultimately passed because of the artwork of the maps. Tannhauser has the most beautiful artwork... I just hope I can one day get a copy. Or maybe a new edition of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one nice thing is there is quite a bit of content for the game and with the 4 factions it is pretty complete. If you can get everything you'll have enough to last for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there is so much content from the original game, and it still plays really well.

That said my collection, once completed, has say for years on a shelf (sigh - cult of the new strikes as always) so might be time to rehome my copy in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Watching gameplay videos of Shadespire I can´t help but wish it could be done in the Tannhauser universe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso M.
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
It is not important to win, it is important not to lose!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to find a new home for my collection as well, I managed to complete it right before I headed into Imperial Assault and has not left the shelf since. Still an excellent game to introduce to new players who are less familiar with tactical miniature board games. No RPG-ish book-keeping, is playable almost straight out of the box and lacks the fiddly mechanics, stats or abilities compendium which provide this kind of games with a steep learning curve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.