Subject: Ghost Division 20-27 May - 34 Points ???????? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
maciejo
Poland
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How can I win in the second round in the Ghost Division Scenario?
20-27 May - 34 Points.
Can anyone explain this at least theoretical?
Please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to use Exploit and hope to draw +1 Movement on the first upgrade.

Also see: 2-turn Ghost Division
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pippo pelo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kind of depressing with this game, never ever get close to win a single battle, I guess is too much affect by luck in dice and what the allies picks as BP. All of your tactical decision goes to hell if you're not rolling luckily, my 2 cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes- very unbalanced and not well playtested (if at all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Fantozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Micha wrote:
Yes- very unbalanced and not well playtested (if at all).

Yes, I agree that it needs some tweaking. In any case, maps and counters are really nice and I do think the game can be adjusted.
I had begun to make some modifications for the Ghost Division scenario and after that it worked much better. However, these did not fit as well for the African campaign and I'd like to find some kind of "general sdjustment" that could apply to all three scenarios.
Also, I think the game needs some "chrome". I was thinking about introducing a "Rommel" counter to use in one battle per turn and that could give some kind of special advantage... nothing too invasive. Something that, maybe with a die roll, could represent some tactic used by Rommel (feints, ecc.). I'm still working on that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pippo pelo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting idea on having Rommel in action, would be nice to know how did you tweak the first episode in order to make it more enjoyable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Fantozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Geneprio wrote:
interesting idea on having Rommel in action, would be nice to know how did you tweak the first episode in order to make it more enjoyable

Hi,
I am working on this "variant" right now. The idea is simple... I am intoducing an "initiative" die roll that can possibly give the German side some advantages. This die roll is influenced by the status of units (i.e. Elite) and the presence of Rommel. This is used in conjunction of cards (I am designing a deck of 50 cards) that are drawn at certain times and that can be used when the German side has the initiative. These should bring some special effects in the game to reflect Rommel abilities that made him famous. For example, he may elude AT defences, of force one enemy unit to withdraw thinking it is engaging a superior foe, etc... These should not have big impact on the game but could add some interest and planning.
At the same time there are some other areas that need some tweaking. In my opinion these are:
1) Allied Battle Plans (or Battle Plans in general). I find that more than four or maximum five battleplans at the same time adds too much luck factor in a battle...
2) Allied Operations: an Allied Operation with too many units can spoil the game and make it very weird, especially if an attack involves too many unit (that, in turn, cause too many Battle Plans).
For the moment I have not changed how supplies are gained or spent but I think there is room for some tweak even here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.