Subject: Very excited for this game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought someones Pledge because I missed this kickstarter but became a big fan of Mantics Sci-fi games Warpath and Deadzone.

I hope this will be a really gritty type of crawl, moving from cover to cover to get better shots kinda like in Mass Effect games and Gears of War.
Reading through the alpha rules it looks very solid and they fixed one of my main issues with Dungeon Saga by having dedicated Attack and Defense Dice.

I also heard there was an open beta that was allowed to be played, heard this from Tyler Schultz who runs Dreadpathzone on youtube. He said the game is awesome but hard.
Definitely would like to hear more about changes made in Beta and peoples experience with Star Saga prior to actual release.
And in a game that is so shooting heavy, I wonder if they added an Aim action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I played it (at a Mantic Open Day) so I can't remember many of the details except it is similar to Dungeon Saga, but also different at the same time. It played well, I really enjoyed it. And although I was killed eventually, taking one for the team, we just scraped a win. I am really looking forward to it, I must admit. As much as I like Dungeon Saga, I am at heart a sci-fi gamer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got back into Dungeon Saga and regretting not backing this - do we know when its hitting retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Supposed to be out in November. I still think it's weird that there is just no buzz at all over this game-- nothing on the Mantic games website, nothing here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was supposed to be Kickstarter base game in Oct and Retail Nov but there was an unexpected 3 week holiday with the factory so basically everything is delayed a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pete, have you looked at Secrets of the Lost Station? It's a sci-fi dungeon crawler type game that ends tonight on Kickstarter. It looks great too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.