Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Clank! In! Space!» Forums » General

Subject: If you are curious, this has the same insert as the original Clank! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alluvian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't much like that insert, and it makes even less sense for this game since the biggest board piece (the part to the 'front' of the ship with the alert level and artifacts) is larger than the folded up Clank! board, so you have to stack up all the pieces that do fit and then put that big piece on top of them all once the stack gets tall enough to be above the insert.

This is definitely an insert I will be throwing away soon. Once I get a decent box for the cards.

Any suggestions on a cheap / thin solution to storing cards in a box with no insert? I am thinking of going with Hugo tape...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
alluvian wrote:
Any suggestions on a cheap / thin solution to storing cards in a box with no insert? I am thinking of going with Hugo tape...

I use a 4"x5" zip lock bag for card decks. I used to use Hugo's Amazing Tape but the zip lock protects the card edges better.

There is lots of info on tuck boxes here on BGG if you want to do it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
You can use deck boxes, and places like Broken Token make card specific containers that might work as well. Last I checked on my Clank insert though, the vertical height was pretty challenged with the boards. I'd be slightly skeptical that it might not fit with any extra space taken up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Telcontar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just got my copy last night and immediately ditched the insert. This appears to be laziness on the part of the company not to think out the storage better. The original clank insert wasn't really any good, either. In addition, though not announced or even rumored yet, I am willing to wager there will be an expansion for Space Clank, or at least an additional set of cards put out by summer of 2018, so you'll need more room, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tieske
Netherlands
Abcoude
flag msg tools
mbmb
All Clank games (orig+sunken tresures+space) fit in the Clank in Space box👍
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.