Cauldron» Forums » General

Subject: How is this as a 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am always on the look out for great 2 player games, but sometimes they are tacked on and not very balanced.

Does anyone have experience with this game at the 2 player count?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Safarov
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Check out Unbroken: solo game of survival and revenge.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Black,

Thank you for your interest in Cauldron!
Full disclosure - I'm the creator of the game so take my opinion for what it's worth.

It works well as a highly competitive 2-player game, however I would say its main strength lies in 3+ player count. If you are looking specifically for a 2-player game (and especially if you prefer low-conflict) - there are better options out there for that purpose.

If you are looking for a game that you are going to be playing with a variety of group sizes, including with 2 - I have every confidence that Cauldron will give you lots of interactive competitive potion-brewing fun.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kladan wrote:
Hi Black,

Thank you for your interest in Cauldron!
Full disclosure - I'm the creator of the game so take my opinion for what it's worth.

It works well as a highly competitive 2-player game, however I would say its main strength lies in 3+ player count. If you are looking specifically for a 2-player game (and especially if you prefer low-conflict) - there are better options out there for that purpose.

If you are looking for a game that you are going to be playing with a variety of group sizes, including with 2 - I have every confidence that Cauldron will give you lots of interactive competitive potion-brewing fun.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info! This game would be played 75% at 2 players and we are not big into resource denial or zero-sum mechanics. It has been hard to find game play videos, especially at the 2 player count to give a better idea of how the game plays or changes when only at 2.

Is there an English version of the rule book anywhere to read?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Safarov
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Check out Unbroken: solo game of survival and revenge.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook cam be found here:

http://altemagames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CauldronRu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.