Subject: Co-operative Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I attempted to have a go of this last night, and have only ever played competitively (once) and a long time ago!

So I have a few questions that I couldn't see answered, or weren't that clear.

1) When you do a test on a danger card, there's a stat you have to roll and then a series of X's - are the X's how many 'wins' you have to get or are they how many danger tokens you get if you complete it?

2) The danger number on the artifact/adventure cards - are these how many cards you need to get through or how many danger marks you need?

3) When the Nazis claim an artifact - what happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the rulebook, pages 8, 12, 21 and 25.

The official rulebook is quite a mess. Why not check out the Complete Rulebook and the two page rules summary (on the files page)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdeptusAce wrote:
I attempted to have a go of this last night, and have only ever played competitively (once) and a long time ago!

So I have a few questions that I couldn't see answered, or weren't that clear.

1) When you do a test on a danger card, there's a stat you have to roll and then a series of X's - are the X's how many 'wins' you have to get or are they how many danger tokens you get if you complete it?

2) The danger number on the artifact/adventure cards - are these how many cards you need to get through or how many danger marks you need?

3) When the Nazis claim an artifact - what happens?

I second Mattias's advice. Here's a nutshell answer:

1) The number of x in a test is the number of successes you need to pass the danger. If they're red, it's a deadly test and you get ONE roll to succeed. Otherwise, you roll your dice and count the number of successes. If the total is large enough, the danger is passed and you get ONE danger marker (or a coin, if you're at a Temple). If it isn't and you rolled at least one success, you get to roll all your dice again. It's if you get no successes at all on a given roll that you fail the danger (and go to the Cliffhanger).

2) That's the number of danger markers you need to get the artifact. (It's different with Temples)

3) They put the artifact near their reference cards and gain 2 darkness. You can attack the Zeppelin or a secret base in order to get the artifact back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much guys!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I'm a little confused....

How is a danger marker different than a challenge passed?

When we played, we pulled a danger and then rolled to get the successes needed to pass (sometimes on multiple rolls). This was easy enough to keep track of in our heads so didn't take out tokens. When we passed it, we then said "press on or make camp?" If they pressed on, new card.

When they failed we went to cliff hanger and then didn't pass out anything because (oops, all progress is lost). If they got part way there and camped down, then we would pass out danger markers and glory.

If they got enough danger markers over multiple turns OR they managed to get through all of the dangers in one turn, then we would cash in the dangers for glory and hand off the artifact to be sold later for fortune.

That about right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrOsterman wrote:
Okay I'm a little confused....

How is a danger marker different than a challenge passed?

When we played, we pulled a danger and then rolled to get the successes needed to pass (sometimes on multiple rolls). This was easy enough to keep track of in our heads so didn't take out tokens. When we passed it, we then said "press on or make camp?" If they pressed on, new card.

When they failed we went to cliff hanger and then didn't pass out anything because (oops, all progress is lost). If they got part way there and camped down, then we would pass out danger markers and glory.

If they got enough danger markers over multiple turns OR they managed to get through all of the dangers in one turn, then we would cash in the dangers for glory and hand off the artifact to be sold later for fortune.

That about right?

You lose Glory collected that turn, but not Danger markers when you go to a cliffhanger. Also Dangers are not cashed in for Glory. Otherwise it sounds correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:

You lose Glory collected that turn, but not Danger markers when you go to a cliffhanger. Also Dangers are not cashed in for Glory. Otherwise it sounds correct.

Okay so if I am after an artifact with 4 danger I can do this:

Turn 1:
Danger Passed, 3 glory, one DM
Danger failed into cliff hanger.
Result: 0 glory, 1 DM

Turn 2:
Cliffhanger Passed 2 glory, 1 DM
Danger passed, 2 glory, 1 DM
Danger passed 4 glory 1 DM
Artifact recovered.

Final total: 8 glory, 4 DM's, 1 artifact?

The only glory I lose is the glory from the first danger, but I keep the DM from passing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrOsterman wrote:
Mattias wrote:

Okay so if I am after an artifact with 4 danger I can do this:

Turn 1:
Danger Passed, 3 glory, one DM
Danger failed into cliff hanger.
Result: 0 glory, 1 DM

Turn 2:
Cliffhanger Passed 2 glory, 1 DM
Danger passed, 2 glory, 1 DM
Danger passed 4 glory 1 DM
Artifact recovered.

Final total: 8 glory, 4 DM's, 1 artifact?

The only glory I lose is the glory from the first danger, but I keep the DM from passing it?

Sounds correct. Note that you immediately collect the 2 Glory for passing the Cliffhanger on turn 2 (meaning that if you then go to another Cliffhanger, you at least get those 2 Glory (rulebook p15)).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.