Dominion: Nocturne» Forums » General

Subject: Appetite Whetter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi team ... is there a possibility that a few cards a week might be displayed in the run up to formal launch. Purely as appetite wetters ...like was done for previous launches.

I know this might let the cat out of the bag too early (perhaps) yet, as a 'not particularly good at playing Dominion' addict of the game ...it would certainly satisfy my (and I suspect many others') curiosity.

I'll now find that Donald has this all planned and now I'll look foolish in asking...

Thank you for all the expansions and base sets, so far (yes ... even including Alchemy ...I love it when it fits well with the randomly selected cards)

all the best ...Trev the Rev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Appetite Wetter
And here I thought "Appetite Wetter" was one of the previewed cards from the upcoming expansion.

Don't worry, I'm sure Donald has it all covered. He usually starts the previews only a few weeks before the actual release, so we'll still need to wait for a while. Mid-October maybe ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Moser

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmb
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=17456.msg7...

October 20: Teasers
October 23-27: Card Previews
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, not to be that guy, but the word you're looking for is "whet", as in to hone or sharpen. You whet your appetite. You do not wet it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thewifey wrote:

Huh, interesting turn of events...
We get news of the new Iphone8, 8+, and X, but can't buy it for another month or 2. Similar to this expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
thewifey wrote:

We get news of the new Iphone8, 8+, and X, but can't buy it for another month or 2. Similar to this expansion!

Well, it's also similar to basically every new piece of media or technology these days. Very few movies/books/games/devices are just suddenly released into the market without some prior announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
thewifey wrote:

Well, it's also similar to basically every new piece of media or technology these days. Very few movies/books/games/devices are just suddenly released into the market without some prior announcement.
I'll chalk it up to my attention spans being different in the past, but for me, first time hearing of Dom. expansions came with previews (I'm assuming I missed out on first time announcements). I suppose I should follow what I did with movies in the past... just ignore the speculation and just watch the movie when you get a chance. (For example, some folks ended up being waaay off on what Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan, and Padme would be like on the usual internet chatter, but yeah, it was entertainment back then)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the period of time between announcement and product release for Nocturne will end up being this shortest of any Dominion expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
So, not to be that guy, but the word you're looking for is "whet", as in to hone or sharpen. You whet your appetite. You do not wet it.

But if I'm drooling with anticipation, then is it wetter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadw09 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the period of time between announcement and product release for Nocturne will end up being this shortest of any Dominion expansion.

I think so too, as long as you don't include the second editions, which were intentionally not announced ahead of time, since such an announcement would have had the potential to push the release date back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know ...my iPad keeps,on adjusting my speelings ... and I keep on not looking at them before I post ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorDay wrote:
I know ...my iPad keeps,on adjusting my speelings ... and I keep on not looking at them before I post ...
Took a while for my phones to learn meeple and Cylon. (Revealed Cyclone laugh )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.