Dave Potter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of possible typos in the rules:

On page 7, the second paragraph reads:
"If the Raider Stronghold is has been drawn,..."
Should this be "is/has been" or "is or has been" or perhaps just "is drawn"?

On page 18, under Luck Token:
"Spend to re-roll and roll or add a +1 to any roll..."
Should this be "Spend to re-roll or roll and add +1 to any roll"?
Related question (much the same as Tom's empower question) do we need to announce we're using the luck token prior to the roll if adding one or can we see the roll and decide to use one or more tokens?

Quality of Life suggestion:
The backgrounds of missions and consumables match the color on the player board for the cards. Would it make sense to match items, traits and companions in a similar way? Perhaps color coding the edge of the card that meets the mat? I like the item backgrounds showing both combat and survival bonuses so changing the background may not make sense there.

Again, great game! Thoroughly enjoying it. I don't think I'll hit 15 in my first game. I landed on tile 20 and investigated the 6 surrounding salvage sites. Not sure with 5 turns that was the most efficient use of my time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Caldwell
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for pointing those out in the rules.

"If the Raider Stronghold HAS been drawn..." is correct.

"Spend to reroll ANY roll or add a +1 to any roll..." is correct.

I ended up color coding the Items, Traits and Companions. I should probably mention that color coding scheme somewhere in the instructions. Red has something to do with Combat, green has something to do with Survival, Brown is generic and move, Grey is defensive and Purple is special. The Events and Missions follow this color coding as well.

I've gotten 19 Fame focusing purely on Salvage Sites with a little bit of Scouting before, so it is viable approach. However, it is better if you have Traits/Companion bonuses that give you more than the standard d4 of salvage (extra Water Ration or salvage helps a ton). It becomes an even more powerful approach if you can get extra Reputation for turning in green rings, which is possible with a Trait.

I'm happy to hear that you are having fun! Please don't hesitate to keep the questions coming if you run into anything you aren't sure about. They are very helpful to me as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Potter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trik81 wrote:
Thank you for pointing those out in the rules.

"If the Raider Stronghold HAS been drawn..." is correct.

"Spend to reroll ANY roll or add a +1 to any roll..." is correct.

I ended up color coding the Items, Traits and Companions. I should probably mention that color coding scheme somewhere in the instructions. Red has something to do with Combat, green has something to do with Survival, Brown is generic and move, Grey is defensive and Purple is special. The Events and Missions follow this color coding as well.

I've gotten 19 Fame focusing purely on Salvage Sites with a little bit of Scouting before, so it is viable approach. However, it is better if you have Traits/Companion bonuses that give you more than the standard d4 of salvage (extra Water Ration or salvage helps a ton). It becomes an even more powerful approach if you can get extra Reputation for turning in green rings, which is possible with a Trait.

I'm happy to hear that you are having fun! Please don't hesitate to keep the questions coming if you run into anything you aren't sure about. They are very helpful to me as well!

Thanks for the tips (they worked!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.