Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there, i was thinking about making a gaming table out of Aluprofiles
https://www.1-2-do.com/content/generatedimages/6e/d7/a4/8f/f...

I know wood hast this magic feeling and looks really nice. But i am not a good woodworker nor do i have all the tools to build a gaming table as nice as others around for 200$ or under.

But aluprofiles can be garantueed accurate, modular and addable with much stuff. Also it has already rails for cup holders etc.. .

Also it is possible to put on wood-panels to cover the metal at the top and the sides. Which gives your more weight on table.... .

So my pros are:
Modular/adjustable
Easy to build
addable stuff for the future
rail system

And cons:
Weight (Heavy)
Comfort (cold metal)
esthetic

Neutral
:
price/Costs Aluprofile/Wood?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least here in the US, aluminum extrusions and associated hardware can be purchased very affordably from Grainger.

There is a great German site that has often made me wish I was in Germany (since you are maybe you're in luck?) ... it's a site that allows you to design custom desks and tables and order the parts like a kit. The URL is .... ummmm ..... http://www.item24.de/index.html

Some suppliers offer these "building systems" in a variety of finishes.

The aesthetic is what you make of it. If you can make the table match your home, that's bonus. Coming up with a table that aesthetically matches the games played on it is a goal way out of my price range.

A simple frame assembled from extrusions would greatly simplify the constructions of a table with a vault. And it would disassemble easily, not many tables can say that.

Wiring can also be run through the channels.

A black anodized frame with a clothlined vault, wood top rails, and a removable glass top would look amazing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.