Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Unearth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Delver re-rolls for stones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rubin
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some Delver cards allow for re-rolls of dice already on ruins.

1. The owner of the die has to reroll correct?

2. If the result of this re-roll is a 1-3 you/others will claim stones - correct?

Thanks! Love the game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically/mathematically/statistically, it doesn't matter *who* is rerolling a die, but if you believe that if you hold a die in your own hands before the roll, gods of probability will favourably look upon you, then by all means, insist on performing the roll yourself :)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rubin
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But if you use a card to just CHANGE a die (-2 or whatever) that isn't a reroll so it won't generate a stone. Correct?

Thanks for the incredibly quick response!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Technically/mathematically/statistically, it doesn't matter *who* is rerolling a die, but if you believe that if you hold a die in your own hands before the roll, gods of probability will favourably look upon you, then by all means, insist on performing the roll yourself

Mathematically doesn't matter, but according to the game the roller is the person that gets the stone if the result is a 1-3.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrubin1 wrote:
But if you use a card to just CHANGE a die (-2 or whatever) that isn't a reroll so it won't generate a stone. Correct?

Thanks for the incredibly quick response!!!!

I believe you still get one as long as the new number is in the range.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spicyqueso15 wrote:

Mathematically doesn't matter, but according to the game the roller is the person that gets the stone if the result is a 1-3.


Ok, you got me. The rules should be probably more precise, saying "the owner of the die" instead of "roller" :)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spicyqueso15 wrote:
jrubin1 wrote:
But if you use a card to just CHANGE a die (-2 or whatever) that isn't a reroll so it won't generate a stone. Correct?

Thanks for the incredibly quick response!!!!

I believe you still get one as long as the new number is in the range.


You do not gain one for giving a +/- to a die manually.

From the Rules: "I was forced to reroll one of my dice. If I roll a 1, 2 or 3 on a reroll, do I get another Stone? Yes! Anytime a die is rerolled and rolls a 1, 2, or 3, the die’s owner gets another Stone, either off of the Ruin that die is on, or out of the bag if that Ruin is out of Stones. Changing a die to a 1, 2, or 3 with a modifier card does not result in a gained Stone.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rubin
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
spicyqueso15 wrote:
jrubin1 wrote:
But if you use a card to just CHANGE a die (-2 or whatever) that isn't a reroll so it won't generate a stone. Correct?

Thanks for the incredibly quick response!!!!

I believe you still get one as long as the new number is in the range.


You do not gain one for giving a +/- to a die manually.

From the Rules: "I was forced to reroll one of my dice. If I roll a 1, 2 or 3 on a reroll, do I get another Stone? Yes! Anytime a die is rerolled and rolls a 1, 2, or 3, the die’s owner gets another Stone, either off of the Ruin that die is on, or out of the bag if that Ruin is out of Stones. Changing a die to a 1, 2, or 3 with a modifier card does not result in a gained Stone.


So just to be sure...

With the End of Age card that gives all die rolls -1, if you roll a 4, which becomes a 3, you don't draw a stone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You do. What the rules want you to know is that when you modify a die already placed on the card, you don't get a stone. But if you roll, you apply all the modifiers, place the stone on the card and if it's 1-3 at the moment, you get a stone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, so not getting a stone for modifying die rolls only applies to dice that were already on ruins?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Roll modifiers are still part of the roll, i.e. if you physically rolled 4, but have a modifier of -1, you in fact *have rolled* 3.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
Right, so not getting a stone for modifying die rolls only applies to dice that were already on ruins?

Unless that modify was a re-roll, in which case you do get a stone with a 1-3.

I believe the only time you do NOT get a stone is when you manipulate a die roll with the +2 or -2 delver card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.