David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved everything about the game, except the last turn.

If it ends after a big bold move, that player basically wins (at least that's how it felt to us after 2 games...)

Quick question (I'm hoping to get a designer response here)
How terrible would it be to play it as
if the last scoring is revealed, remove it, and play 1 more round (everyone gets one more turn, including the one who just had a turn).

That means the unpredictableness of who gets the last turn is still there, but at least everybody gets a turn KNOWING that it's their last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, glad you're enjoying the game!

I was a little worried about the last turn issue during testing, and I tracked that. I found no correlation between who went last and who won, and I certainly didn't feel it from an anecdotal standpoint.

Remember that everyone gets to play an event after before Final scoring, so flipping the last Score card doesn't end things instantly. If someone moved really strongly right before the end the other players usually have a chance to mitigate that somewhat.

Please feel free to try your variant, but honestly I don't see that it will improve things. The player that went last pre-scoring will still go last. And it may create more of an issue since you know it's your last action. It will certainly create some AP for that final round.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, in that case probably the issue is that we're not keeping cards often enough. When the game end triggered the only guy with a card was the Rocinate, and he was losing anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.