Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like so many of you, I love this game (and have loved it for years). It's time to treat it (and myself) to a nice insert. I am asking you for tips.

Need to know:
I have most (if not all) expansions and promos.
I have the DLP version of the game
I have the 5th player stuff
I have the fan kit (but not the deluxe goods)

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Darby
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following because I am super interested but question what is the fan kit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.dlp-games.de/orleans/fan-kit/a-230/

Quote:
The fan kit comes with:
- upgrade kit all inclusive (125 tokens, 20 wooden discs, 290 stickers)
- components for a 5th player
- place tile set #1
- 1x Vineyards post card

It adds wooden meeple characters (much nicer to fish around in the bag for than cardboard disks), and wooden technology disks, both with good quality stickers (both sides). It does take a while to put all the stickers on! The 5th player components match the DLP originals, but the bag was different, so I got all new bags from Etsy. Place tile set #1 is included, but I added #2, #3 and #4 to my order also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
Like so many of you, I love this game (and have loved it for years). It's time to treat it (and myself) to a nice insert. I am asking you for tips.

Need to know:

Thanks in advance!

I haven't seen a single insert that holds everything. In fact, not everything fits into the base box.

I have the same items as you. I place all the large boards (game board, player boards, beneficial deeds board, etc.) in the Trade and Intrigue box, and it is completely full. The rest of the components just fit into the base box with little room to spare.

Normally I would make a custom foam core insert, but I couldn't figure out how to make the foam core also fit in the box . Instead I made light-weight containers out of thin cardboard. At least setup is much faster, mostly placing the small cardboard boxes out onto the game board.

I think any commercially available storage solution for the whole collection would have to be a dedicated box, rather than a box insert, to fit everything in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jlwill wrote:
AernoutMJC wrote:

Need to know:

Thanks in advance!

I think any commercially available storage solution for the whole collection would have to be a dedicated box, rather than a box insert, to fit everything in.

I'd buy that too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Minsker
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Meeple Realty insert worked well for the TMG Deluxe version which included the 5th player bits, but with all the small expansions, doesn't handle those well at all, not to mention the two bigger ones. I've got that insert holding my deluxe version, and my Invasion box holding Invasion, Trade, Intrigue, and all the little expansions.

You might want to check out the foamcore insert Geeklist for some Do It Yourself approaches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have some good Tetris skills, it's possible to fit everything in the Deluxe Box.

But if you want to fit everything with an insert, the wooden goods tokens probably can't get in there. I no longer have the wooden goods, since they add to set up time.

I've been working on something the past few weeks. Hopefully, I'll have something to show soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patox wrote:
If you have some good Tetris skills, it's possible to fit everything in the Deluxe Box.

But if you want to fit everything with an insert, the wooden goods tokens probably can't get in there. I no longer have the wooden goods, since they add to set up time.

I've been working on something the past few weeks. Hopefully, I'll have something to show soon.

Looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some measurements to consider.

The interior of the Orleans Deluxe box is

214mm (w) x 303 mm (h) x 88 mm (d) (20mm deeper than the standard Orleans)

All the rulebooks and boards stacked together come to:

210mm (w) x 297mm (h) x 39 mm (d)

That leaves 49mm depth for the Deluxe Box.

And 29mm for the Standard Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Shea
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see what you come up with, @Patox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AshleyShea wrote:

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking for a good insert too, but the wooden meeples from the fan kit seem to make it impossible to fit everything in the base game box.

I now use the base game box for all the game boards and player boards (base + Trade & Intrigue). A plastic Plano-type tray sits on top of those with all the player pieces, goods tiles and some other components. Then there's a separate box with another plastic tray (requisitioned from another game) with the wooden meeples, the location tiles, the event tiles and the cloth bags.

That way, nothing is in bags anymore, so setup and cleanup goes a lot quicker, especially since everything is arranged in the order it has to be put on the board. Ideally, I'd like to replace the Plano tray with one that better meets the box size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Even without insert, I can just barely fit everything from Orleans Deluxe (TMG) + Invasion + T&I + mini-expansions 1-4 + promos in the box... I think an insert that holds everything in one box is very doubtful, a larger box/insert combo (like Broken Token has done on occasion) is probably needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AshleyShea wrote:

One Box for Orleans Deluxe: My First Laser-cut Insert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.