Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Committing dice & Order of combat - including the 2 expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matej Miovski
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Committing dice warriors is done simultaneously unless a player (for strategic purposes) asks it to be done in player turn order.

EX. 1P has worker on bersigar & monster, 2P hunting grounds & draugr, 3P troll & monster. 1P 1st commits dice on bersigar & monster then follows the 2P then the 3P.

Order of combat is usually done from top to bottom from left to right, I only assume with the Dark Mountains exp. that Bersigars come right after Draugrs (so top but furthest to the right).
So in combat resolving 1st goes the hunting grounds i.e. the player that put the 1st worker there regardless of turn order.2nd goes troll, 3rd draugr, 4th bersigar 5th monster.
So taken the example from above:
2P rolls dice for the hunting grounds, after the dice he can use any tokens to activate certain Valhalla bonuses (blessing, monsters...) because he went to combat first (regardless of turn order).
Then goes 3P fighting the troll, after the combat he can then use tokens for Valhalla bonuses, etc etc.

So TL;DR question is committing dice goes by turn order, using Valhalla goes by combat order right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All looks good to me! You're playing it correctly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
matejot wrote:

2P rolls dice for the hunting grounds, after the dice he can use any tokens to activate certain Valhalla bonuses (blessing, monsters...) because he went to combat first (regardless of turn order).


I don't think you can use your sacrifice tokens for Valkyrie blessings/Epic Monsters after Hunting Grounds. Isn't it only when you collect a sacrifice token?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian hunt
United States
red rock
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matejot wrote:
Committing dice warriors is done simultaneously unless a player (for strategic purposes) asks it to be done in player turn order.

EX. 1P has worker on bersigar & monster, 2P hunting grounds & draugr, 3P troll & monster. 1P 1st commits dice on bersigar & monster then follows the 2P then the 3P.

Order of combat is usually done from top to bottom from left to right, I only assume with the Dark Mountains exp. that Bersigars come right after Draugrs (so top but furthest to the right).
So in combat resolving 1st goes the hunting grounds i.e. the player that put the 1st worker there regardless of turn order.2nd goes troll, 3rd draugr, 4th bersigar 5th monster.
So taken the example from above:
2P rolls dice for the hunting grounds, after the dice he can use any tokens to activate certain Valhalla bonuses (blessing, monsters...) because he went to combat first (regardless of turn order).
Then goes 3P fighting the troll, after the combat he can then use tokens for Valhalla bonuses, etc etc.

So TL;DR question is committing dice goes by turn order, using Valhalla goes by combat order right?


Thats how we play it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stomski wrote:
matejot wrote:

2P rolls dice for the hunting grounds, after the dice he can use any tokens to activate certain Valhalla bonuses (blessing, monsters...) because he went to combat first (regardless of turn order).


I don't think you can use your sacrifice tokens for Valkyrie blessings/Epic Monsters after Hunting Grounds. Isn't it only when you collect a sacrifice token?
The rules say that you may spend sacrifice tokens after resolving any combat location, and the hunting grounds are considered a combat location.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessus77 wrote:
The rules say that you may spend sacrifice tokens after resolving any combat location, and the hunting grounds are considered a combat location.


The ones available on the KS page I downloaded state...

Quote:
Additionally, any time you collect a Sacrifice token, you may immediately spend any of your collected Sacrifice tokens...


But this is a draft rulebook so it is indeed possible the rule has changed! Sorry for any confusion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stomski wrote:
Nessus77 wrote:
The rules say that you may spend sacrifice tokens after resolving any combat location, and the hunting grounds are considered a combat location.


The ones available on the KS page I downloaded state...

Quote:
Additionally, any time you collect a Sacrifice token, you may immediately spend any of your collected Sacrifice tokens...


But this is a draft rulebook so it is indeed possible the rule has changed! Sorry for any confusion.
The rules were edited a few times after they were put up on kickstarter. The latest version is on this site. Here's a link to it: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150101/valhalla-engli...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
matejot wrote:
Order of combat is usually done from top to bottom from left to right, I only assume with the Dark Mountains exp. that Bersigars come right after Draugrs (so top but furthest to the right).

No need to assume, the Dark Mountain rules clearly state this is when you resolve the Bergrisar battles. thumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.