Subject: Second edition Harbor tiles set up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Dear Boardgamegeeks,

How do i at random place the harbor tiles with a variable game setup. According to a youtube video you have to shuffle the harbor tiles and then place them in such a way that both harbor places point towards the longest path of hexes (4 hexes, not 3). Nowhere does it say it like this in the manual (in factum, at a picture in the almanac it is seen that some point towards 3 hexes) and one of the catan guru's said this is nowhere stated as an official rule himself.

The website catan.com doesn't say much about this except: "just place them so that 2 harbors are positioned at land".

But how do i randomise this between 3 and 4 hexes? What is the official procedure for this? If i turn them around and see the harbors are outwards towards the sea for example, how do i decide if this is a 4 tile harbor position or a 3 tile?

Any help would be helpful, i am clueless on this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way which I can suggest, is either to place them as you like, or let the players step by step take one harbor and place them as they want. There are only 2 rules:
* Each of the two edges of a harbor tile must be adjacent to a land intersection.
* It isn't allowed to place 2 harbor tiles in a way that there are two possible harbors at one intersection.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.