Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you complete the third objective (e.g. kill the Final Enemy) there may still be hazard and event cards left to be revealed. Normally you would finish playing, but with the Queen Mother in play you continue until you kill her. So what happens in this case when they are revealed? Do you resolve or ignore them?

What if there are ongoing effects from a hazard that has previously been revealed? e.g. The final Aviary hazard clears the HQ and adds a hazard card which if the HQ fills, you lose. Do you remove this ongoing game condition and refill the HQ or keep it in place?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused by your question. The game ends when you fulfill the conditions of Objective 3 and kill the Final Enemy. If there are still Hazards or Events unrevealed in the Complex or buried in the Hive Deck, then lucky you, you avoided them.

If there are ongoing effects in the game still in place from a Hazard, this still doesn't change the above - you Kill the Final Enemy, the game ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
the alien queen counts as part of the third objective. so even though you completed all objectives and killed the final enemy, you're still in objective 3 if the queen is still alive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maklen9 wrote:
I'm a little confused by your question. The game ends when you fulfill the conditions of Objective 3 and kill the Final Enemy. If there are still Hazards or Events unrevealed in the Complex or buried in the Hive Deck, then lucky you, you avoided them.

If there are ongoing effects in the game still in place from a Hazard, this still doesn't change the above - you Kill the Final Enemy, the game ends.

I mention this in my post... The game continues if you have somwone playing with the Queen Mother rher. The enemy card for this player always goes on the bottom of the hive deck and you must kill that character to beat the Queen Mother player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stomski wrote:
maklen9 wrote:

I mention this in my post... The game continues if you have somwone playing with the Queen Mother rher. The enemy card for this player always goes on the bottom of the hive deck and you must kill that character to beat the Queen Mother player.

Ah, I see - I didn't catch that you were specifically talking about situations when one of the Player's is playing as the Queen Alien (and not referring to one of the objectives where the Alien Queen is the final enemy).

I've never played a game where we had the Queen Mother being played as well, so I can't guide you - although it sounds like eliminating the Queen Mother player is also part of the 3rd Objective - in which cases Hazards and Events would continue to have effects as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice animated GIF. cool

Having played with the Alien Queen, i like to think of Killing the Alien Queen as Objective 4.
But events revealed after objective 3 final enemy is killed (and you're trying to kill the Alien Queen) still use objective 3's event description.

Hazards use the location description and are not effected by the objective you're in when revealed.

Hazards and events continue after killing obj.3's final enemy. So better keep that barracks clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:
Nice animated GIF. cool

Seeing that scene at the cinema was pretty great, shame about the rest of the film.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.