Through the Ages» Forums » General

Subject: TTA digital Achievements : Historical Triplets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ïzi Requin
France
Versailles
flag msg tools

This is a great idea in the achievement board but this is very difficult to guess what you have to do ...

I'm french and i cannot find the solution about " Revolutionary Frenchmen "

French visionnary may be Joan because she had visions.
French revolutionary is definitely Robespierre
but the french genius is ?

Einstein is german, Newton is english and same age than Robespierre.

If you guess this one or others i will definitely appreciate this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the genius refers to the Eiffel Tower.

I've completed two others:

American: Democracy, Fast Food Chains, Age III Arena

India: Taj Mahal, Gandhi, Most points from Impact of Population event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérémie
France
Villiers sur Marne
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T'as Napoléon qui est français, mais du même âge que Robespierre

Peut être la Tour Eiffel pour le french genius par contre ? Pas sur que ce ne soit que des leaders non ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Andrade
Brazil
flag msg tools
I try the Eifel Tower, and failed.

Also, anyone know the reference do Alexandre Dumas (Alexandre achivement), or win in style (Italian achiviement)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boyan sun
msg tools
Russian Railroads: You won a game where you had the Kremlin, the Transcontinental Railroad, and Communism.
American Dream: You won a game where you had Democracy, Fast Food Chains, and an Age III arena.
Revolutionary Frenchmen: You won a game where you used Joan of Arc, Robespierre ... and an Engineering Genius named Eiffel.
Asian Horde: You won a game where you played a successful Raid with Genghis Khan and the Great Wall.
Italian Classic: You won a game where you had Cartography, Michelangelo, and St.Peter's Basilica.
Great Great Britain: You won a game where you had Shakespeare, Churchill, and the most colonies.
The Name is Alexander: You won a game where you had Alexander, the Library of Alexandria ... and three musketeers.
Impact of India: You won a game where you had Taj Mahal, Gandhi, and won the most points from the Impact of Population event.
20th Century Stigmas: You won a game where you played two wars and seeded the Cold War event.
Great Historian: You have collected every Historical Triplet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Ng
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
mb
You need to build a Printing Press to publish all of Alexandre Dumas' books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah... Spoilers!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
offthetrailsonacrazytank
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
87654321cba
badge
what's an overtext ?
mbmbmbmbmb
Well either you need to keep your printing press till the end (not upgrade it) or you must not break the Library of Alexandria with Ravages of Time, because i did those things and didn't get the achievement (one thing missing). shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ïzi Requin
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
The name of Alexander = win with Alexander, Library of Alexandria and 3 Riflemen ( Age II infantery with muskets ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Russian Rails, Great Great Britain, and The name is Alexander in the same game.
Last game I got American Dream and Revolutionary Frenchmen. I would have gotten Impact of India as well but I didn't grab Gandhi when I should have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eske _
msg tools
binarizer wrote:

Revolutionary Frenchmen: You won a game where you used Joan of Arc, Robespierre ... and an Engineering Genius named Eiffel.

I did this. Didn't get the achievement.
Do you have to use Robespierre's special ability?
(I even used Engineering Genius II, which has the Eiffel Tower in its art)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
eske86 wrote:
binarizer wrote:

I did this. Didn't get the achievement.
Do you have to use Robespierre's special ability?
(I even used Engineering Genius II, which has the Eiffel Tower in its art)

You have to use Robespierre to start a revolution. From memory, I got it doing it with Constitutional Monarchy, and I don't think it has to be Republic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Iziankh wrote:
The name of Alexander = win with Alexander, Library of Alexandria and 3 Riflemen ( Age II infantery with muskets ).

Do they have to end the game as Rifleman? I assume to as I had 3 at one point but upgraded them. Interesting enough I got the Asian Horde that game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janis Sh.
msg tools
mbmbmb
binarizer wrote:

Any more details on that? I had Joan, used Max for 2 revolutions (first for ConMon, then for Democracy), and built Eiffel (don't really remember if I used Eng. Genius for building though). Didn't get the achievement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yanjan wrote:
[q="binarizer"]Revolutionary Frenchmen
Any more details on that? I had Joan, used Max for 2 revolutions (first for ConMon, then for Democracy), and built Eiffel (don't really remember if I used Eng. Genius for building though). Didn't get the achievement.
you need to use Engineering genius
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janis Sh.
msg tools
mbmbmb
hokuto_su wrote:
you need to use Engineering genius

Thanks! Indeed using Eng. Genius to build Eiffel helped. Not sure though if it needs to be from Age II (I used both from Age I & II just to be sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cloyd Rauch
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you got the achievement, did you end the game with age 2 riflemen or Modern infantry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asian Horde: You won a game where you played a successful Raid with Genghis Khan and the Great Wall.[/q]

Does the wall need to be finished during the raid? I played successfully an age I raid with Genghis, but while I had Great Wall picked, I finished it later. I won the game but bo achievement for me.

Edit: Yes it needs to be finished. I got the achievement now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris keeley
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO this is the hardest one to achieve. You may have to pick up Genghis and the wall sub optimally. Finishing the wall is never easy. You then have to get a Raid card and hope the bot does not improve its military to within a few of your own count.
I've tried numerous times and still not pulled it off!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe S
Belgium
flag msg tools
At least you can retry fast. Strangely, I had difficultied to grab the British one, with the AI teking Churchill every f** time. When I finally grabbed it, I managed to make the US triplet in the same game.

Russian is not easy too, you have to grab 2 wonders within the same age. Pyramids & masonery are a big help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there something more to the Russian achievement? I built the Railroad, Kremlin and Communism, then won the game but didn't get the credit. Is it like the French one where I should have used Engineering Genius (or should not have)? Or should I have revolted into Communism?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.