Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the linked Designer Diary below, Friedemann Friese makes mention of a new expansion for Power Grid using the Fable system:

I smiled and it got worse. The annual question came up: How to expand Power Grid this year. Easy, just make a fable campaign for Power Grid, a campaign with only three consecutive games (with fifteen cards to be revealed during the three games) could not be too difficult, right?

What do you think? I haven't played Fabled Fruit so I'm not familiar with the system, but it sounds solid and a short 3-game campaign with a changing system sounds like a great fit for Power Grid.

Designer Diary: Five Fable Games, or What Was I Thinking? I Am a Stupid Idiot — So Much Work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponder Stibbons
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
I give myself very good advice, But I very seldom follow it. That explains the trouble that I'm always in.
mbmbmbmbmb
i've been waiting (impatiently) with baited breath, although i haven't gotten my copy of FF to the table yet. i expect there'll be cards that fiddle with the availability/cost of resources, power plants, and pipelines. standard stuff. i'm more interested in seeing what else there is. will a card ask players to auction for exclusive/temporary rights to a region out of play? will a card change the observed metric for determining turn order? will a card introduce an additional "robot" player with deep pockets? will a card tell me i win $10 for coming in second in a beauty contest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumbelow wrote:
i've been waiting (impatiently) with baited breath, although i haven't gotten my copy of FF to the table yet. i expect there'll be cards that fiddle with the availability/cost of resources, power plants, and pipelines. standard stuff. i'm more interested in seeing what else there is. will a card ask players to auction for exclusive/temporary rights to a region out of play? will a card change the observed metric for determining turn order? will a card introduce an additional "robot" player with deep pockets? will a card tell me i win $10 for coming in second in a beauty contest?

I'm intrigued too, I like the concept of a "campaign mode" (much more than "legacy mode" - but I'm wondering how such a mechanic could be applied to PG (on 3 consecutive games on the same map) keeping some sort of thematicityjustification...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There's a BGG entry for this new expansion, though there's not much there yet.

I like Fabled Fruit, and am interested to see how the idea applies to Power Grid. Very briefly, there are a number of cards on the table that have special rules on them that only apply when that specific card is in play (a bit like Fluxx, though the gameplay is nothing like Fluxx!).

In FF you move among the cards and (typically) only use the rules on a specific card when you go there. This, and the fact that you only add a new card when one is removed, keeps it from getting overcomplicated. I have no idea if this will be implemented similarly in Power Grid, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.