Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to double check since I don't have the rules in front of me and I don't remember anything preventing this

Can you do crafting actions and other actions on blue cards (knowledge is power) together as a group? This would allow characters to contribute their unique skills to the action such as Mad Scientist or to reduce the crafting cost of a card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Whenever the active player performs an action, they can ask one or more other players to assist in that action, unless the card states that this action is handled differently. This includes any action that is available to you as long as you share a terrain card with the player(s) in question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome

Mad Scientist is looking even better than I first thought. It basically gives you -2 crafting cost on any item since you can reduce the cost by 1 and then reduce it again through teamwork but increase the success needed by 1 (which Mad Scientist provides)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
frotes wrote:
awesome

Mad Scientist is looking even better than I first thought. It basically gives you -2 crafting cost on any item since you can reduce the cost by 1 and then reduce it again through teamwork but increase the success needed by 1 (which Mad Scientist provides)

Agreed, this is a crazy good ability. And because he had +1 to hand size, it doesn't sting much to keep it in hand all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
frotes wrote:
awesome

It never left my hand. That and Scholar and Gourmet and Yale Graduate are incredibly good cards. Close to OP actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frotes wrote:
awesome

Mad Scientist does not give a success for crafting actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medwards wrote:
frotes wrote:
awesome

That's true. Mad Scientist has two effects: 1) it has -1 card for crafting and 2) it has 1 success for think actions.

You don't get the other effects on a card just because you qualify for one of the effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medwards wrote:
frotes wrote:
awesome

Oops you are right, I was remembering the card

Franky does have his bone item which can reduce crafting and give successes tho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.