Steve Boardman
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I've played a bunch at home, and we play that you can play anywhere as long as the tunnels line up correction (with exception for coal/gold cards being revealed).

This is how we play in sab 1, and in 2, it makes sense because the ladder cards would be less useful if it was already connected to the home ladder.

My question is, on boardgamearena, it doesn't let you place tunnel cards if a card has been avalanched and your tunnel no longer connects to home.

Which is the correct way to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook
"Path cards must be played next to one already on the table, must connect
back to the mine entrance, and the paths on all sides must fit those in play"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bbqturtle wrote:
So, I've played a bunch at home, and we play that you can play anywhere as long as the tunnels line up correction (with exception for coal/gold cards being revealed).

This is how we play in sab 1, and in 2, it makes sense because the ladder cards would be less useful if it was already connected to the home ladder.

My question is, on boardgamearena, it doesn't let you place tunnel cards if a card has been avalanched and your tunnel no longer connects to home.

Which is the correct way to play?

You already have the rulebook quote.

Think of it like this:
Each tunnel card is a day of labor. At the end of the day, you return back to your home and sleep. One day a cave-in happens and cuts off some portion of the tunnel system. You cannot extend off of that part of the tunnel system because you cannot get there from the ladder/entrance.

So you have to dig in such a way as to connect back to the old tunnel system, or you have to dig around that area in to new territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I believe the designer has stated in another thread that ladders may be placed anywhere on the existing path, even if it has been broken. (seems odd to me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
I believe the designer has stated in another thread that ladders may be placed anywhere on the existing path, even if it has been broken. (seems odd to me)

No, not odd at all, but very logical!

With a tunnel card (saboteur 2) you are effectively digging a new entrance from the surface down to the tunnels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
NicoR wrote:
With a tunnel card (saboteur 2) you are effectively digging a new entrance from the surface down to the tunnels.

It makes sense explained this way if you have made a map of your tunnels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
NicoR wrote:

It makes sense explained this way if you have made a map of your tunnels.
Sure, these dwarves keep elaborate plans of their tunnels. Even with GPS coordinates nowadays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.