Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Schulz
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So can this continue from the end of the Dunwich Horror expansion, or must I start over at Scenario 1 of Carcosa.

FWIW, I haven't finished the previous campaign, so I'm not even sure if it's possible. A simple spoiler-free answer will suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your characters will be pretty spent by the time you reach the end of Dunwich Legacy. It will be time for new ones.

You could, in theory, keep the old friends with their high powered cards and massive traumas. But in practice it might not be possible even if you want to. I'd plan to start fresh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
Your characters will be pretty spent by the time you reach the end of Dunwich Legacy.

Not necessarily true. But I'd rather start a new campaign with fresh characters anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do what you want with your copy of your game. The rules don't really support this, but try it if you'd like. I love trying new investigators and builds but I understand that others like to stick with upgraded decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ebrey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Technically you can keep your characters from Dunwich, but there aren't enough player cards in the game for you to still have good things to upgrade with the XP you gain during Carcosa, so it'd be a lot less fun IMO. The new investigators are also very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
DiddyWahDiddy wrote:
So can this continue from the end of the Dunwich Horror expansion, or must I start over at Scenario 1 of Carcosa.

FWIW, I haven't finished the previous campaign, so I'm not even sure if it's possible. A simple spoiler-free answer will suffice.

It's an optional variant to continue with the same gators and decks (see the end of the Night of the Zealot campaign guide, but the game isn't really designed with this in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.